5

AN: this maybe a bit all over the place, but Kit and Yo are meeting for the first time.

3rd POV.

Yo woke up around seven AM the next morning. He was nervous to help with the competition. He knows how stressful it can be just being nominated, but actually creating the show? That's a whole new mess Yo wasn't ready for.

"Yo, breakfast is ready," Dean said and knocked on his door.

"I'll be down in a minute," Yo said and got out of bed.

He showered, got dressed, and grabbed his bag before heading to the kitchen to eat.

- at ten AM -

Phana and Yo were on their way to school when Phana's phone rang.
It was Forth, saying that his engineering company was in charge of helping build the stage and seating for the competition. And that he needed a ride to the school (because Beam took the other car).

Yo was listening, but was slowly falling asleep against the window.

"Yo, I'm going to drop you off at the college and then go pick Forth up. Is that ok?" Phana asked - waking Yo up.

Yo nodded. "That's fine."

It wasn't fine.

Yo was put in charge of climbing the ladder to put decorations up. As he was reaching to pin the poster, he lost his balance and fell nearly six feet to the ground.

He seemed to be alright, was awake and breathing. But he couldn't move. The engineering students that were there, ran to him and checked to see if he was alright.

"Nong? Are you alright?" Bright asked and Yo didn't respond.

"He's losing consciousness... Someone call an ambulance," Another student said and moved Yo onto his back.

- ten minutes later -

Phana and Forth had just arrived shortly after Yo was loaded into the ambulance.

"What happened to him?" Phana asked Bright who just finished speaking to the EMT.

"He fell off a ladder. He was awake but wasn't able to move or respond at all. The nurse says he'll be ok - I don't even know him... But I'm worried." Bright said and Phana took his phone out calling Pharm to let him know.

- at the hospital -

Wayo was rushed into the hospital's operating room shortly after arrival. He was still unconscious, but his pulse and breathing were pretty normal.

He had multiple broken bones, (right arm, right wrist, left leg, and some ribs possibly), as well as a concussion, and lots of bruising (caused by internal bleeding). 

But overall, he was in no life-threatening danger. Which is good. But he was still in critical condition.

Pharm, Dean, Phana, and Beam were in the waiting room - waiting for the moment they were allowed into Yo's room.

"Family for Wayo P.?" A nurse asked.

Pharm stood up. "I'm his brother,"

"Are they family?" He asked.

"Brother in law, and his two best friends." Pharm said.

"They can come with you as well. Wayo is awake and well. The only major issue we've discovered is that he is paralyzed from the waist down. It should be temporary, but it's too early to know right now. Other than that he should recover pretty quickly." Nurse said and opened Wayo's door letting the four into the room.

Wayo was awake - barely - listening to the Doctor explaining what's going on.

"Dr. Kit. These are Wayo's brothers and friends," The nurse said before leaving the room.

Pharm went over to Yo and held his hand.

"You alright?" Pharm was extremely worried about his baby brother.

"I'm ok P'. Just really tired," Yo yawned.

"I'm Kit. I'll be taking care of Wayo while he's here. I'm sure the nurse let you know about his condition. So I won't bore you there. But I can say that Yo will make a full recovery - paralyzed or not, he'll be just as good as he was before the fall." Kit smiled and the others nodded understanding.

The four stayed with Yo for about twenty minutes before having to leave for the night. Yo fell asleep and was left to rest for about two hours, before Kit walked back in to do a final check up for the night.

"P'Kit. Can I have another water bottle?" Yo asked - Kit opening the door woke him up.

"Of course Nong. How are you feeling?" Kit asked checking his IV and monitors.

"Pretty good. Still a bad head ache - and numb pretty much everywhere else still." Yo said and Kit nodded understanding.

"Hopefully that'll wear off... If not, it won't be the end of the world. I'll make sure you have the best nurses, and doctor (himself), helping you through everything," Kit smiled and Yo did as well.

"Thank you so much... Um, did P'Pharm bring my backpack with him?" Yo asked.

"He did, do you need something?" Kit asked setting the bag on the bed.

"Could you get my teddy bear out of it please? I... I can't sleep without it..." Yo mumbled and Kit smiled nodding.

"That's cute." Kit commented and smiled.