Some Babysitting (Part 1)

This is a story that takes place in the correct timeline of the game (in other words, NOT modern day AU.) Enjoy!

"WAHHHHHHHHH!!!" The random wailing that sounded in the middle of the night woke all the residents of Azuchi Castle. Quite unexpected too, because all the residents of the castle were 18 or older... supposedly....

"WAHHHHHHHHH!!!" The crying got louder. Hideyoshi was the first to wake. After all, he was up almost every night chasing after Lord Nobunaga's unhealthy antics. Cautiously, he followed the sound of the crying. Surprisingly, it led to MC's room. "Wait... What? That's not right." He knocked. More crying. He gave up on his manners and just entered the room instead. His jaw dropped. 

There she was, in all her naked glory, bawling her eyes out, because she was... a baby. A rather cute one too. There was just one question. Just kidding. Actually, there were millions of questions that came to Hideyoshi's panicked mind. "How? What? When? Where? Why me?" Plus, he had no idea how to take care of a baby. Apparently, this was not a part of their battle training. After this, he was going to have to change that. A class on changing diapers, maybe a session of babysitting... ok, ok, he was officially going mad.

First things first, this was an EMERGENCY. With a capital E. Running around the halls at top speed, he sounded the alarm, clucking like a desperate chicken at every room he came across. Meanwhile, baby MC was still wailing like a siren. They were quite an effective duo. Within minutes, everyone was up. 

Ieyasu groaned. "Hideyoshi. You better have a valid reason for this, or I am taking your head for interrupting my beauty sleep. Permission, my Lord?" Nobunaga nodded. "Permission granted." Hideyoshi sweat-dropped. He decided to give the 60 second explanation. "MCturnedintoababylastnightandIwokeup5minutesagotofindherinherroombawlinghereyesoutandIdesperatelyneedyourhelpbecauseIdonotknowhowtostopherfromcrying" Masamune grunted. "Hideyoshi, breathe." Hideyoshi breathed. "More importantly, HOW did this happen?" No one peeped. No one knew, evidently. Hideyoshi peered at Mitsuhide. "Spill." 

Mitsuhide pinched the bridge of his nose. "Okay, okay. Last night it was my turn to serve dinner, so I made one of my famous smoothies. Obviously, none of you ate it, but MC tried a bit to spare my hurt feelings." He pouted like a duck. "My feelings are hurt." Hideyoshi glared threateningly. "Which one?" Mitsuhide shifted on the balls of his feet. "Uhh... the spinach, mochi, rice ball, chili pepper, lotus root, mango one." "Ahhhhh...." Masamune recalled. "That's probably the reason." He gagged just thinking of it.  Hideyoshi sighed. "All right. But I need your help to keep her alive and preferably... back to normal." He gulped. "And also, My Lord... is my life spared for interrupting Lord Ieyasu's beauty sleep?"

Hideyoshi did not die, thankfully. But he did start barking out orders. "Mitsuhide, since this whole thing was your fault, we need you to run up to the Buddha temple to seek some answers from the gods. Be back before dawn." Mitsuhide grudgingly went to prepare. "Mitsunari. I need you to run into town and get me a goat." Mitsunari nodded with a smile. "Yes, my Lord." He ran into a pole on his way out. "Um... Masamune, try to find out what's wrong with MC and fix it."  Masamune winked. "Sure thing." Hideyoshi mused to himself. Now, I need to assign shifts. Also, get me a messenger. I think it's time to use up our favor."  

The final plan was set into motion. Masamune and Ieyasu would take the wee hours from 1 to 6, Nobunaga and Mitsunari would take 6 to 10 (Hideyoshi didn't trust them), and Hideyoshi and Mitsuhide would take up 10 to 2. (Obviously, Hideyoshi had to have his eye on Mitsuhide the whole time.) And because they were absolutely doomed, they had decided to invite the Uesugi forces over, because apparently, they needed as much help as they could get. Hideyoshi nodded to himself grimly, and struck a brave face. "We've got this."

1:00 AM

Ieyasu and Masamune trudged in, ready for duty. Everything was perfect. They were armed to the the limit with reusable cloth diapers, small toys, and towels. Except.... the baby was still crying. Ieyasu nudged Masamune. "You should do something." Masamune grinned. "This should be easy as mochi. Everyone loves me." He struck a model pose. Ieyasu rolled his eyes. 

5:30 AM

Turns out, the baby MC did NOT love him. She just kept crying, and crying, and crying. Ieyasu groaned. "So much for everyone loving you. In fact, I don't even love you." Masamune was rolled in a ball on the floor, practically crying himself at Ieyasu's blunt insults. For the past 5 and a half hours, they had attempted everything. They offered her water, tried to give her mochi, checked the diapers 5 times, tried to sing (badly), and Masamune even gave it a hug. Ieyasu sighed. "Maybe we need Hideyoshi's help."

Hideyoshi walked in, horrified. Masamune was holding the baby upside down, shaking it for poo. MC was still wailing. Hideyoshi tried not to freak out. "Masamune. Put the baby down. Gently." Masamune obeyed by slowly lowering the baby onto its head. Hideyoshi's deeply troubled heart could no longer take Masamune's idiocy. Hideyoshi propped the baby the way that normal humans are supposed to sit, exhaled, and commanded Masamune to get out and alert Nobunaga and Mitsunari to get here for their shift.

6:00 AM

When Mitsunari and Nobunaga arrived at the scene, they arrived to see baby MC sleeping in a nest of blankets. It was amazing really. But what was probably more noticeable was the fact the Hideyoshi had made a poster that now stood in the center of the room. It was huge, and Nobunaga read through it seriously. Here's what it read:

1. Do not hold the baby upside down by one foot.

2. Do not shake the baby for poo.

3. Babies cannot eat solid food.

4. Please wash the diapers before placing them on the baby.

5. For Nobunaga and Mitsunari's shift ONLY: ONLY Nobunaga has permission to change the diapers, and ONLY Mitsunari is allowed to hold the baby. 

Nobunaga squinted at the last line. Someone had crossed out the last sentence. Someone had also put him in charge of the diaper changes. But what was particularly useful about the poster was line 2. Good to know.

9:00 AM

The baby had finally woken up. As soon as she woke, she started to cry again. Nobunaga checked the diaper. Sure enough, it was dirty. He sighed, and got to work.

Meanwhile.... 

The rest of Azuchi Castle was having war council, but for once, the topic was not war. Mitsuhide returned from the Temple with grave news: MC's unfortunate condition would only be reversed after 24 hours. The atmosphere was so tragic that it could be a funeral.

Back to the shift....

After the diaper was changed, MC calmed a little, but it didn't last for long. Nobunaga frowned. Diaper duty was really getting to him. Mitsunari interjected. "My Lord, maybe she is hungry." Nobunaga looked at him skeptically. "Who gets hungry at this hour?" Mitsunari shrugged. Maybe we should try." He gestured to the goat. It was bleating angrily. Nobunaga gulped. "Now that is a true creature of the devil." But before he got to it, the door swung open, and Hideyoshi stepped in. There was a halo above his head. 

Stay tuned for Part 2!!! Love ya guys :))