satisfaction - hank/connor [nsfw]

SUMMARY: Hank is the first and only person to have given Connor friendly affection. After they share a hug at the Chicken Feed, Connor realizes he really enjoys affection from Hank, and Hank attempts to convince himself that the lingering touches are his imagination.
WORD COUNT: 3820

It started with a hug. A harmless, completely platonic hug. And though Connor knew there was nothing else behind it, something about the way Hank held him was... different. It sent sparks down his mechanical spine; the feeling reminded him of the one he had experienced when Hank pinned him to the wall. It was when Connor had arrived at the precinct for the first time, and Hank had given him a fond welcome by yelling in his face, breath smelling of the coffee he'd been drinking that morning.

At the time, Connor blamed the abnormal reaction on an error in his software due to Hank putting him in danger. He figured that it was safest not to question it too much, might he find something that would result in him being compromised; his software instability warnings had been quite worrying on their own. But it occurred any time Hank touched him, and it was getting to be quite a hindrance.

Connor also found it vastly inappropriate that when they were at the Eden Club, looking at a dead body, he had to disable his sexual functions when Hank put his hand on the nape of his neck as a friendly gesture. Hank hardly paid any mind to the repressed noises Connor occasionally made at his touch, and for that Connor was grateful.

At least, it had been like that until they had shared that embrace. Connor had let out a deep groan of relief as he found sanctuary in Hank's arms. Hank tensed at the sound, and Connor felt his face warm up despite the bite of the cold. When Connor buried his face in Hank's shoulder with a small upturn of his lips, Hank couldn't do much else other than forget about the strange occurance and sink into the embrace. All the tension and dread and worries they had collectively felt in the past few days melted away, and for once Connor did not feel a pit in his stomach when he saw a software instability warning. To him, it only meant he was alive.

It was that day Hank realized Connor had nowhere to go; he'd been staying overnight at the precinct up until the city had begun to evacuate. Hank insisted that he deserved better than some charging station at the police department and offered up his couch, which Connor accepted gladly. It almost unnerved him how fast he accepted Hank's proposal, giving it little thought. He was supposed to make all of his decisions based solely upon logic, but he found that it felt good to make decisions without thinking too hard about it.

All of that led him to where he was now. Which was on Hank's couch after shuddering when Hank raked his fingers through his hair. Hank had frozen up, seeming quite disturbed by Connor's reaction. Connor scrambled for an excuse.

"I have extremely sensitive sensors on my scalp. I apologize if my reaction disturbed you, Hank," Connor told him, and it wasn't a complete lie; he did have very sensitive sensors. It just wasn't the entire truth. Connor didn't fully understand the entire truth himself. All he knew is that any time Hank touched him, his body would react in a way that he couldn't quite control. At first, he thought it was an error with his sensitivity, but he realized after he received a short hug from Markus at New Jericho that it only occurred under Hank's touch. The sound of Hank's voice brought him back to reality.

"It's fine, Connor, just... loosen up a bit," Hank said, and Connor tilted his head, a puppy-like reaction he had adopted from god-knows-where.

"Loosen up? Like how?" Connor inquired, peering at him curiously. Hank chuckled at his question, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. Connor moved his eyes from Hank's face to his hand, and he made an involuntary squeak when his mouth filled with analysis fluid. It was a reflex he had little control over, and it was comparable to how humans drool. Hank gave him a look as he swallowed thickly.