so i can breathe you in - hank/connor [nsfw]

SUMMARY: Hank wants something from Connor but doesn't quite know how to ask for it. Lucky for him, Connor is (as always) one step ahead of him.
A/N: I'll probably just keep writing Hank/Connor if I get no requests, so as I've said if there's anything else you want to see, comment and I'll see what I can do. <3
WORD COUNT: 3985

Hank was fucking embarrassed. It'd happened by accident, really; a slip of Connor's tongue. And yet he couldn't stop thinking about it, about how much he'd liked it when Connor had called him 'baby'. It was something he'd locked deep inside of him along with the rest of the things he wanted, deciding it was much, much easier to accommodate whatever a partner wanted than to ask for anything himself. It was a foreign thing for both of them, letting themselves want things.

Hank repressed the feelings that fluttered in him from the occurrence and figured it'd probably never happen again. The pet names, that was, but then it did. Connor had wound his arms around Hank's waist, pressed up against him entirely, and kissing against Hank's neck as the lieutenant fixed his coffee.

"Hello, love," Connor murmured, stretching his neck to kiss Hank's bearded jaw. Hank turned and caught him in an actual kiss, coffee be damned. Connor's LED blinked yellow before he melted into Hank, pushing him against the counter to an uncomfortable extent. Hank said nothing, though, just continued to kiss Connor despite the jutting of the wood into his back. Connor made a displeased sound before pulling away.

"That was a test," Connor said. Hank's face scrunched up slightly in confusion.

"Well shit, did I pass?"

"No," Connor sighed, backing off of Hank. Hank gave a relieved sigh when he no longer felt the pressure of the counter against his back and Connor gave him a pointed look.

"Care to elaborate, Con?" Hank asked, going back to his coffee that had at least cooled off a little.

"You're dreadful at communicating, Hank."

Hank sputtered and he struggled to contain the coffee he had just sipped from his mug.

"Wh- First of all, fuck you," Hank said, though there was hardly any heat in the words. "Second of all, what made you come to this startling conclusion?" Connor rolled his eyes at Hank's sarcasm, another habit he'd picked up from the latter.

"I could sense your discomfort when I pressed you into the counter, and yet you said nothing," Connor explained. "Why don't you ever tell me what you want, Hank?"

Hank swallowed, though he hadn't taken any more swigs of his coffee.

"Where is this coming from?" Hank asked because he sure as hell wasn't going to deny that he was shit at communicating, as much as it sucked hearing it from someone else.

"I don't know, Hank," Connor bit his lip. "You always ask what I want. Have you never considered that I want to make you happy, too?"

"Connor- shit, you do make me happy, baby," Hank immediately reassured, coffee abandoned yet again as he moved his hands to cup the android's stupidly soft face. "So happy, I promise."

"Hm," Connor hummed, leaning into Hank's touch despite his ambivalence. "That... isn't my point, though, Hank. And you know that."

"Fuck," Hank muttered, stroking Connor's cheek with his thumb before backing away entirely, feeling far too cornered. "I know, Connor, it's just... You said it yourself, I'm no good at this."

"It's alright, Hank," Connor was quick to reassure him, taking up the space Hank had put between the two of them. "We can work through it, but..."

"But what?" Hank peered at Connor as the android's eyes drifted to the side.