take me home - hank/connor [nsfw]

SUMMARY: Hank can't shake off their current case and Connor helps him take the edge off.
WORD COUNT: 2668

Hank crashed on his couch with a long sigh, attempting to relax after the crime scene he and Connor had been sent to. Connor, even before they arrived there, was looking at Hank with worry, and Hank found out why very quickly.

At the scene, there was a boy that was Cole's age whose parents had been murdered. It wasn't overly gruesome, but seeing the orphan boy had definitely shaken him up. Connor had been the one to question the boy, and Hank felt calmer hearing the soothing words that weren't even intended for him.

"...Are you alright, Hank?" Connor asked, sitting down on the couch a few inches too close to Hank.

"I'm fine, Connor," Hank grumbled, putting distance between himself and Connor. Connor didn't respond well to this, exhaling quietly and scooting closer.

"You're lying," Connor said and he sounded so sure of himself that Hank knew it was no use denying it. Fucker probably scanned him.

"What's it matter anyway?" Hank attempted to brush off Connor, who appeared startlingly set on ensuring Hank was okay. Something he'd always portrayed, but never quite got to pressing it until then.

"It matters to me," Connor said, quieter this time, and Hank did a double-take at the disappointed look on Connor's face.

"I..." Hank found himself at a complete loss for words. He knew this was about more than him being okay. This kind of vulnerability was something Hank was not used to nor comfortable with.

"It's okay," Connor leaned in even further, speaking in the same soft voice Hank had heard him use earlier, and longed to hear spoken to him. Connor always fucking knew what he needed.

"Yeah?" Hank whispered to Connor, who was dangerously close now and looking at him with something intense burning in his eyes. Connor nodded, curl bouncing on his forehead as he did so.

"Can I..." Connor didn't finish his sentence, leaning in to kiss Hank.

Which was quite honestly the last thing Hank expected– maybe he did hope for it, but he absolutely did not expect it–, which is why he scrambled away from Connor in surprise.

"What?" Hank blinked at him, having practically sat on the armrest, cornered by Connor. "You...?"

"Yes, Hank," Connor said exasperatedly. Hank watched Connor's hand twitch where it sat by his side, either restless or...

"Okay," Hank sighed, moving back towards Connor. Connor's hand twitched again and then he did something entirely unexpected.

He fucking picked up Hank and put him in his lap.

"Is this alright?" Connor asked though Hank swore his voice had gotten lower. Hank swallowed, feeling heavy where he sat in Connor's lap.

"Uh, yeah," Hank said because although he still felt vulnerable, he trusted it. He trusted Connor. "Um, for you?"

"Yes. Perfect, Hank, I promise," Connor reassured, then moved forward to kiss him. It was soft like his first one, but Hank melted into it this time, relaxing into Connor. Connor pulled away, winding his hands through Hank's hair. "You're perfect."

"Oh," Hank immediately reacted, one he couldn't control if he wanted to, and Connor's LED flashed yellow.

"Do you like it when I tell you that?" Connor asked, voice still deep in a way that made both Hank's heart and cock throb.

"Mmh," Hank, ever helpful, replied breathlessly. It seemed enough for Connor, who fucking smirked at him before meeting his eyes briefly, and Hank got the privilege of watching his smirk melt into something more loving.