when somebody takes my hand - hank/connor

SUMMARY: Hank and Connor are on vacation and Connor gets to see the beach.
WORD COUNT: 2140

Hank walked behind Connor, rubbing his eyes. Connor turned and gave Hank a small smile.

"Good morning, Hank," Connor said cheerfully. Hank grumbled an inaudible greeting, wrapping his arms around Connor's waist and pressing a kiss to the side of his neck.

"Pretty," Hank sighed when he met Connor's eyes. Connor hummed, systems making a familiar trilling sound at the compliment. Connor reached over for the coffee cup on the counter, Hank shuffling to follow, not wanting to let go of Connor just yet; the android was warm and almost better than the hotel bed he had hesitantly dragged himself out of minutes prior. Hank stretched his arm out and grabbed the coffee, reaching around and grabbing the coffee mug from Connor's soft hands. He kept their hands touching for a moment before winding around him and ending up at his side.

"You excited?" Hank chuckled when he saw the giddy expression on Connor's face. It was the android's first-ever time out of Detroit, and Connor expressed a particular interest in going to Hawaii. Hank was hardly surprised; Connor had always shown a particular interest in warm weather, already having formed a preference, and Hank was happy to see him start to enjoy the little things in life. Hank had absolutely zero complaints, and it was certainly an added bonus that he got to see more of the android's beautiful, freckled arms that gave the softest hugs. Hank gave a contented sigh thinking about it.

"Very," Connor replied with a small smile. Hank gave him a toothy grin, gap on display, before bringing his lips to the hot coffee Connor had prepared for him. He pretended not to notice that Connor slowly added more sugar as the days went on. Hank found it cute.

"You wanna see the beach today?" Hank offered, grinning as he placed the mug down onto the counter.

"I absolutely want to see the beach today," Connor whispered excitedly and Hank laughed quietly. He brought his hands to Connor's face and Connor leaned into his touch immediately, exhaling slowly. Hank thought for a moment just how lucky he was to have Connor before kissing the android, who wrapped his arms around Hank's waist and kissed back enthusiastically. When they parted, Hank kissed Connor's bright blue LED tenderly.

"Alright then," Hank huffed, beginning to show the same excitement as Connor now that he had fully woken. He hadn't been on vacation in far too long. "Beach it is."

_____________________

They arrived later that day, pulling into a heavily populated parking lot. Connor was quite literally buzzing with excitement, stepping out into the sun and beaming. Hank grabbed their towels and the bag he'd brought with them.

Hank, who'd developed some form of self-confidence with the help of his therapist and Connor, wore no shirt and swim trunks. Connor had insisted they matched in quite repulsive banana-patterned swimming trunks, so they looked relatively the same, though Hank had noticeably more body hair and lacked the faint ring of where Connor's thirium pump regulator nestled inside of his chest. Hank had trouble trying not to start sweating when he remembered the night they'd shared prior, and he had to tear his eyes away from Connor's pump regulator for the sake of his sanity.

"Hank?" Connor said as they walked hand-in-hand down the pathway towards the water. Hank could feel Connor's white hand occasionally twitch when the android saw something that excited him. Hank turned to Connor, whose LED spun a dull yellow.

"What's up, Con?" He asked, glancing into Connor's eyes then back up at the LED for elaboration.

"I... have just now realized something..." Connor trailed off. He looked embarrassed. Hank had a hard time wiping the image of an equally embarrassed Connor as they made jet-lagged love to each other the night before.