!! CHAPTER TWENTY !!

WE HAVE REACHED 20 CHAPTERS AHHH! I think this will last maybe 30 more chapters 👀 a long road ahead of us, enjoy!!! Thank you for all the support!!!

🎬

Taehyung scanned his living room making sure that everything looked spotless. He never invited people over his often, unless they self-invited themselves in.

It was common for his friends Hoseok and Yoongi to come to his house without notice or they made last minute plans to pay a visit. Sohyun reminded him a lot about them, so this wasn't any different that what he was accustomed to.

He paid attention to the analog clock on the wall of his living room watching as it ticked with each passing second. It was 1pm, he noted that he had an hour to spare before they arrived.

Lounging around, he reorganized his bookshelves for the sake of killing time.

He heard a knock on his door and reached for the handle to open it awaiting his first guest. He expected to see Sohyun's face. But instead he saw Jeongguk's.

Glancing over to the same clock he looked at before, they had a half an hour till the arranged time they said they would come.

"Your prompt."

"I don't like to be tardy." Jeongguk said as he stood by the door. He crossed his arms in front of him seeing Taehyung stand in the way of the entrance. "Are you going to invite me in? Or are you going to make me wait here for..." he looked at the silver wristwatch wrapped around his thin wrist, "A half an hour in front of your condo?"

Taehyung moves aside and Jeongguk slid past him and took in the interior of his home.

"You have a lot of books." Jeongguk walked over to the shelf and ran his fingers through the spines of them.

Taehyung closed the door, leaning back to watch how Jeongguk racked his eyes at his collection.

"Do you read?" Taehyung walked up beside him and pulled out one of his favorite books to examine, looking over to the younger.

"Occasionally." Jeongguk turned over and locked eyes with Taehyung. The older was getting uncomfortable the longer they looked into each other's eyes and he carefully placed back the book from his hands back into the designated spot that he had it in a minute ago.

When Taehyung turned away Jeongguk sat himself down on the couch beside them. With his legs crossed he placed a forearm on the arm the chair, resting his chin on the palm of his hand.

"I'll text Sohyun that she can come now." Taehyung pulled out his phone from the back pocket of his
dark washed jeans. Typing in the message to her contact, after it sent he hoped that he would get an automatic reply, but was too hopeful for reality.

He stood by the bookshelf and stared down at his phone refreshing it every so often expecting to see her answer when it would load.

He learned to give up and plopped himself on the couch beside Jeongguk. He was in his own feelings of frustration and anxiousness that he didn't see till now that Jeongguk had his eyes closed and his lips were parted slightly as he supported his head with his forearm.

"Jeongguk?" Taehyung called with a normal tone, leaning forward laying a hand on Jeongguk's shoulder.

The younger shivered shaking his head looking up at Taehyung's doe eyes that looked at his.

Taehyung could see up close the small eye bags that slightly darkened his under eyes but he could tell that Jeongguk tried to over it up with concealer.