KAYLA- 48. Lie lie lie

"You can be honest with me babe. Right? "Gon says at me. His expression tired, worried, irritated, and hurt.

I should've lit a candle. It might help, one percent.

And I'm tired too. And so I looked down and I clenched my fists on this puny night gown.

"I told you... Gon? How many times... There are just some things left unsaid. I wasn't." I say, hoping the voice was clear enough so that he will not make me repeat it again. 

He clutches his palms into the knob again. He sighed. Giving up probably.

"Kayla. I'm not a fool. I know you. You know me. You have to tell me what's bothering you!"

"There's nothing! That's bothering me-!!"

"-Then why do you do this Kayla?! " He cuts, and he lets go of the doorknob absolutely and faces me with all his attention. 

"Doing what!?" I ask. 

He stops, he jerks his head and he caresses his face with his right hand.

"Stop acting like you don't know please? I'm so... I'm super tired of this." He said like he heard something he heard a million times.

"Gon." I called gently and he immediately eyed me.

"What the fuck are you so afraid of?!!" He finally snarled at me. 

What? What am I afraid of?

Simple.

Us being not together, him being in danger because of me, me being found out by my family and making me.

Him, hating me. Him, leaving me. Him, despising me with all his heart. Him, eradicating me in his life. And me, losing him, my only possession.

"Kayla! Answer me. For real! What are you so afraid of?!" He screamed.

I was shocked he did. He's desperate to know. Well, I'm desperate to tell, as much as not.

God. What do I have to do with him.

This is life and death. And selfish unfair love.  

We both stared at each other. His Amber eyes are filled with anticipation. He's scared. He's worried. He's tired. 

"Ba-"

*Riiing riiing*

I paled. My heart dropped. 

My telephone rang. I turned to it and my world revolves in a slow. Never in my life I heard such a loud ring of the telephone. 

"Who's that?" Gon asks, I turn to him and he removed his gaze from me. 

I don't know.

"No one calls you Kayla. You told me I'm the only one. And Mr. Franklin or Mrs. Cooper doesn't call you unless you're awake." 

He's right. And I'm shaking in thoughts of whom. 

"I don't know Gon." I say, scared. 

And because it's obvious that I'm scared Gon was so confused and he was furious.

"Lies!" He spat at me.

I'm not lying!

He pushed me both light and heavy arms  and he went fast to the telephone.

"Wait!" I screamed. I'm scared. 

"Don't answer!" I yelled and ran to him. My heart racing, my legs faster than ever.

What if it's my sister!?

"Why Kayla?!" Gon asks. 

"Maybe it's a wrong number?" I say. I'm trembling hard and the ringing keeps on going.