━ 𝘀𝗲𝗺𝗶

whenever your soulmate listens to a song, you hear it too
//this takes place in college

whenever your soulmate listens to a song, you hear it too//this takes place in college

࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚

You sat on the chair inside the library of your university, trying to concentrate on the insides of the book you were reading.
This was important, the exam you were studying for was next week and you just couldn't fail it.

But it was impossible to fully concentrate with the catchy melody that quietly filled the back of your mind.

It wasn't loud and sounded not very close, but it still was there and destroyed your concentration.

You had no idea who your soulmate was, but you already were annoyed by them.

They listened to EVERYTHING.

Sometimes, when you were walking over the campus or were heading for your dorm room, there would be quiet, soft melodies playing in the back of your head and you kind of enjoyed them.
But on the other hand, there were times when there was rock music and catchy sounds from the 70s filling your brain, very often when you were laying in bed at night or were trying to listen to your professors in your courses.

Sometimes, your soulmate would sing as well and from the sound of their deep voice, you were pretty sure that it was the voice of a boy.

But thanks to their diverse taste of music, you had no idea what to expect.

If they had been fan of a certain band or genre, you could've looked out for certain fanmerch or looks that may have fit their taste of music.

But that was impossible.

And after all, you had no idea if they lived close to you or lived on the other side of the earth.

They mostly listened to english music, japanese songs where also part of their playlist, but people around the globe listened to japanese artists.

There was nothing you could do but wait.

After trying to read the pages in front of you for another five minutes, you clicked your tongue in annoyance, grabbing your headphones and turning on your own music, drowning out the happy song your soulmate was listening to at the moment.

In the afternoon, it still was the same song repeating in your ear and with a shadow hanging over your face, you stomped over the campus.

"Seriously, can you start listening to something else?" you mumbled and headed for the train station to get towards the city, where you wanted to buy some groceries for your dinner.

Your eyes were heavy and your steps tired when you got up the stairs towards the right platform.
If you were honest, you just wanted to get some sleep, since your soulmate had kept you from sleeping the prior night by practicing a song.