━ 𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗼𝘂

You can see every colour, except the one of your soulmate's eyes. Looking at their eyes for the first time will make it possible for you to finally see that colour

 Looking at their eyes for the first time will make it possible for you to finally see that colour

࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙

Red.

For you, that was just a word.

The colour of love, wrath and lust was something you had only heard stories and descriptions of.

Whenever someone tried to describe the emotional colour, you could only shrug because you had no idea how to imagine it.

Whenever it was the time of valentine's day or christmas, the commercial breaks and posters mainly looked grey to you.
You had no idea what that intense colour might look like.

You knew that it was similar to orange, only deeper.
It looked a little like magenta, only harder.

It frustrated you that you couldn't imagine it.

And many people were confused whenever you told them that out of all colours you couldn't see, it was red.
Most people weren't able to see blue, green or brown until they met their soulmate.

But red?

"I've never met a person with red eyes." your friends once said to you, as they were discussing the topic while having dinner.

"Are you sure it's red and not just a shade of brown that looks like it?"

"Whenever I point out the spot I only see in grey, everyone around tells me it's actually red." you had answered and the spicy sauce on your food had looked up at you in an unappetizing, boring grey.

You had lived with this for the past 17 years and with each year, you grew more impatient.
You wanted to finally find the person that belonged to you, you wanted to look into their red eyes and be able to see all the colours there were.

It was your first day in your new highschool, the Shiratorizawa Academy in Sendai.

You had transferred to spend your last year of high school here, because this school provided courses that would be very helpful for your future at university.
And you really hoped that in your last school year, you would finally find your other half.

Even though it wasn't uncommon that many people met their soulmate at the age of 20 or 25, you just couldn't wait any longer.

It was not only the fact that you couldn't see the colour red, it also bothered you that no one really seemed to understand you, that the people you were hanging around with were all nice, but weren't really on your level.

They sometimes were confused by your spontaneous plans, by your impulsive behaviour and your desire to always go on an adventure, to see the world, to meet new people.