The Treehouse

I was in the car not looking my best. I was crying and i looked like a mess. I heard a knock on the window but i waved them off hoping they would go away.

They knocked again and i look up, it was Liam. I rubbed my eyes still not opening the door.

He opened the door and i forgot it wasn't locked but i didn't want him seeing me like this.

"Follow me," he said.

I look up confused wondering what he is talking about and get out of the car to see him walking towards his car.

"Your mother said it was fine if you left," he said while getting into his car.

I got in his car.

"Just take me home," i said turning to him.

"Okay," he said.

As he was driving i got a text message from Logan:

Hope you're okay.

I smile at the thought that he cared but through some of the smile it still hurt to talk to him.

Liam saw i was texting but continued to look at the road.

"I'm sorry you had to see the fight," I said while putting my phone away.

"I understand," he said.

"What do you mean?"

There was a long pause.

"My dad left when he found out my mom was pregnant," he said sounding as if he didn't care.

I finally got him to open up a little which made me feel better, i wanted to understand him.

"Oh i'm sorry," i said looking at him.

"Cami, it's fine, i've never met him and i don't want to."

I had a feeling he did care and that he probably questioned what it was like to have a dad around. I felt the same way after my dad cheated.

"It's so difficult, this day was supposed to be for Matt," i said.

"He was a good brother to you Cami."

"Thank you, for everything, i mean you could have chosen not to care but you do," i said while looking down at my bag.

"I've changed, i was fucked up back then," he said not even glaring at me.

I didn't know Liam back then, but what has he done that was so bad? I wanted to know the person he used to be. Maybe he isn't comfortable with it. Maybe he does want change.

________________

We arrived at my house and i noticed he got out of the car too.

"Follow me," i said with a smile and went to my backyard.

We have a tree house that i haven't been in since i was in forth grade.

"Okay the rules are whatever we say in the treehouse stays in the treehouse."

"Deal" i said as i shake my brother hand

"We need a password to make sure only people that know the password can get in the treehouse," Matthew said.

I started to think really hard and look at my brother to see him doing to same.

"Er- how about cookies," i said.

"Nah we need something no one will think off,"

"Why don't we just use "treehouse" no one will ever get that," Matt said.