Dream

So this is a story that's based off aweb1122's oneshot The List, you should check out their one shot series, I can't figure out how to link them so that's all your getting I guess

Catherine sat across from her, busy painting her nail yellow.

Always yellow, not that Jane was complaining, yellow was definitely Catherine's color. Meanwhile Jane could only seem to pull off neutral colors, a.k.a gray.

Just gray.

Sometimes black, but never white.

Mostly because she sat with Anne at the lunch table and wearing white would be an absolute disaster.

They sat and talked comfortably, with a sort of already decided plan for what they were going to talk about. Mostly about how Jane's parents kind of sucked, but they made sure to whisper about that topic.

Jane, in her absolute worst moment blurted out, "There's a part of me that wants to tell you a secret, but another part of that doesn't want to." Jane winces at how badly she put that into words.

Catherine slowly finishes her hand and puts the nail polish down. She carefully moves the bottle of off the bed, and then turns to her with a frown. "You know you can trust me with anything right? I mean, I'm your best friend. I've been your friend since kindergarten"

Jane once again winces at how Catherine shut her down without even realizing it, but she continued on anyways. "I - I like you a lot, like way more than a friend." She stuttered out.

"I like you too." Catherine says with a lot more assuredness than Jane. She smiled gently at her, and reached for Jane's hands. They stared at each other for a moment, until Catherine began to lean forward.

Jane leaned slightly forward as well. Catherine paused at her lips and flashed her eyes upwards and made eye contact. "Can I kiss you?" She asks quietly, and Jane nods enthusiastically.

Catherine finally closed the distance.

I hope you like this book, I'm weirdly more motivated to write this than my actual one shot story which feels like a mood.

- Author Who's A Little Distracted Right Now But It's Fine