Road Trip

TW: Anne being Anne, Cathy hating bugs, Anna still getting shit about being rich, Jane trying to keep to the schedule, Catherine trying to keep Jane sane, Kat enabling Anne's chaos, RV uncomfortableness, it's a tight space, cussing, WELCOME TO THE ROAD TRIP.

Things had been great so far.

Jane was enjoying the peace of her new home, having someone to talk to that wouldn't sell her out at the drop of a hat (or a cake). A mother that was supportive, and a father that everyone could depend on and knew what he did during the day.

(He was wildly confused as to why Jane liked him so much just because she knew where he worked.)

And now there they all stood.

Anna, Kat, Anne, Cathy, Catherine, and Jane stood in a line with their bags. Almost like a cliche movie scene, and were all staring at the gigantic RV that they would under no circumstances let Anne drive because they didn't want to die and kill someone else as well.

"I vote that Catherine drives."

"Yes."

"What? Why do I have to drive?"

"I don't want her to drive."

"I think she should too."

"You're the most responsible here, and - no offense Jane - you're confident enough to make an educated guess/ and or decision."

"Not gonna lie, that hurt. But fair."

Anne raised her hands up in surrender quickly when Jane responded, as an attempt to save herself from Catherine's wrath. Catherine glared at Anne through narrowed eyes until Jane perched her chin on Catherine's shoulder, gaining her full attention.

"You'll have plenty of time to kill Anne, but let's do it when we're on the road please." Jane teased, only half joking since she knew after a few days they would be at each other's throats.

(There was an incident where they were locked in a janitors closet as an attempt to get them to be friends. One little issue, they forgot that once the door closed they couldn't open it. From the inside or the outside. Jane and Cathy completely removed themselves from that situation, instead opting to go home separately from the group, because the one thing that they did have in common, was their temper.)

Jane sighed in happiness when Catherine leaned down and kissed her. That same recurring feeling of bliss falling over Jane like a blanket. Catherine whined as Jane removed herself from Catherine's orbit.

"Noooo." She whined.

Over the last few weeks Jane had finally reached the last thing about Catherine that no one but she knew.

She was super clingy.

And Jane found it absolutely adorable. Catherine would randomly latch onto her and refuse to let go, and it normally took heavy bribery (cuddles later, and probably kisses depending on how petulant Catherine was) for Catherine to let go.

But she never stayed away long.

"Lina, we'll have a lot of time to spend together while you're driving."

"But it won't be the same! I can't hold you, or kiss you, you can't kiss me, or cuddle with me, and we'll be fighting!"

"How do you know we'll fight?"

"You're the navigator, I'm the driver. Road Trip 101, driver and navigator must fight at all times. And normally it doesn't have to be enforced, because the driver finds the navigator's directions annoying, and the navigator is irritated that the driver is ignoring them. Then when the driver misses a turn the navigator will spend the rest of the trip bringing it up, to the point that the driver quits are makes the navigator quit!"