8

"Why can't you just use Xisuma?" Doc growled at the snake which was curled around his robotic arm, hiding Beneath his lab coat. Ancel had kept the creeper conscious, barely controlling Doc as she let him think for himself. Ancel just let out a light hiss, her small voice quiet and tired.

"The hermits know of Xisuma'sss power. They fear him. But you are much easier to use. We must gain the hermit's trust. We must usssse them." She said impatiently, the snake moving beneath Doc's lab coat. The creeper just growled and continued to march forward, walking into Sahara, which seemed rather empty. The creeper took the bubblevator to the second level in Sahara, before exiting to the outside area, and heading towards TFC's bunker.

"What do you want with TFC..?" Doc asked, rather worried as Ancel tightened her grip around Doc, the snake flicking her tongue, her eyes beginning to glow an eerie blue. "Xisuma'sss Magic is like sssstring." The snake explained in a low voice, Ancel sounding exhausted and weak.

"He tied the ssstring around the hermitsss, tightening it when they got out of line. He had to tie more string around certain hermitsss, to make sssure they do not escape his control. But he ran out of sssstring, much too weak to keep all the hermits under his control.

So instead of trying to control everyone, he let TinFoilChef and StressMonster free, but he kept the other hermitssss firmly tied to the sssstring. Xisuma holds the ssstring, and if he sssnaps out of the trance that I put him under, he will release his hold on the ssstring, letting the hermits free.

Because of this 'lack of ssstring', I have noticed that StressMonster and TinFoilChef have gone into hiding. The two are working with one another, which is something I cannot allow.

At the moment, I am using all my power to control you and Xisuma at the same time. I am barely controlling you, Docm77. If I fully put you under my control, then you would have access to Admin magic, which is not something I would like for you to have.

All I need is to lure the two out of hiding, and bring them to Area 77. Then I will have no need for you anymore."

Doc was unable to speak, trying to process everything that Ancel had told him. Why would Ancel reveal her entire plan? Even when Doc was still conscious and able to think for himself. And why would Ancel make him create Area 77? Couldn't they just make a small prison, instead of building a gigantic military base?

"I can sssssee you're questioning me, and doubting my power, Docm77." Ancel said, crawling up Doc's arm and wrapping around the creeper's neck, Doc freezing in place, his mind and body jerking to a stop. "Now Doc. You are going to bring TinFoilChef and StressMonster to Area 77 and lock them up. Is that clear?" Ancel asked, flicking her tongue.

"You can count on me Ancel." Doc said, sudden giving into Ancel's control. Deep down Doc still knew what he was doing, Doc knew he was going to hurt the hermits, yet he didn't seem to care. He seemed to feel as though it was for the best.

"I won't disappoint you, or the watchers."

~~~~~~~

"What...?"
"No! I can't hurt him!"
"B-but he doesn't know, he doesn't know anything, I swear!"
"Please, I-I'll make sure he doesn't know, I-I swear! Just don't hurt him!"

Mumbo let out a small groan, squinting as he glanced around the room, Grian's voice echoing through Mumbo's head. The Redstoner sat upright in his bed, stretching his arms over his head and letting out a brief yawn. Grian was already up, meaning it was most likely morning. The mustached hermit put on his suit coat, he had simply taken it off before going to sleep, too exhausted to change out of his suit. The architect having spent the majority of yesterday working on Sahara alone, as Iskall had seemingly disappeared.

Mumbo put on his dress shoes and quickly fixed his hair, wanting to look presentable at the very least. He didn't feel as paranoid as before, The Redstoner much happier without Xisuma manipulating him. Mumbo still didn't trust Grian, but he enjoyed the small hermit's company.

The Redstoner straightened his tie as he walked towards his storage area, before realizing that it was the middle of the night. Two stars in the sky seemed to illuminate the entire world, giving the illusion, even if it was for only a couple seconds, that it was the middle of the day. Mumbo has never noticed the two stars, but no that he was looking at them, he couldn't seem to bring himself to look away, practically hypnotized by their beautiful glow.

"B-but he's my friend!" Grian screamed, snapping Mumbo out of his hypnotic trance. The Redstoner quickly looked away from the stars, trying not to pay any attention to the faint feeling in the back of his head, which pleaded with Mumbo, telling him to stare at the two stars for the rest of eternity.

Mumbo looked around for Grian, before spotting the small hermit, who, like Mumbo, was looking up at the night sky. His hair was moving, not with the gentle breeze, no, all on its own. Similar to Xisuma's armor, his hair was blue and glowing, silver stars gleaming in his hair. His normally golden locks now looking as though they were the night sky. The small hermits eyes were all blue as well, a faint glow surrounding Grian's fists, magic radiating off of his hands.

"Grian...?" Mumbo questioned, taking a small step forward. The small hermit whipped around, his glowing eyes and hair returning to their normal state, as the color from Grian's face seemed to drain away. Grian took a few steps backwards in shock, as Mumbo put the pieces together in his head, the mustached man shaking in fear as he made eye contact with Grian, who looked just as afraid as Mumbo was.

"Y-you're a watcher..." Mumbo said, taking a few steps backwards as Grian tried to come closer, the small watcher attempting to reassure The Redstoner.

"M-Mumbo I swear, it's not what it looks lik-"

Before Grian could finish, Mumbo ran past Grian, pulling out a few rockets and jumping off the side of his base, strapping on his elytra while falling, Mumbo opening his gray, bug-like wings last second, as he flew out of sight, trying to get as far away from Grian as possible.

"See? He's not your friend." Celeste said in a hollow tone of voice, Grian letting out a sigh and turning back to the watchers, the light from the stars creating a hologram of sorts, showing the two watchers before Grian, with no one else able to see them. The watchers were getting much stronger.

"Now Grian. You know what must be done." Enzo said, bending down and looking past Grian, off in the distance where Mumbo had flown off, the watcher whispering in Grian's ear.

"You must eliminate MumboJumbo."