Chapter 9 ➛True Colours

Grindelwald's P.O.V (Third Person)

The bracelet. The bracelet. He looked at you over the edge of his glass. What else are you hiding? he thought suspiciously as he eyed you with care.

What if it is Naomie's bracelet? What connection does the youngling have with her? What do I really know about this girl? Out of nowhere, your eyes found his and he quickly looked away.

Suddenly he realized that several people were watching him, including you. He curtly glanced at them before saying, ''Why is there always silence during dinner? Let us rejoice our victories and have conversations,'' he said, with a small smile as he looked at all the people at the table.

They slowly started talking, mostly business and about the Greater Good. He, in the meantime, looked down at his food for a little while as he seemed to be busy with his thoughts.

You looked at him a little longer with a cautious look and noticed the smile immediately faltering. And as you returned to your food you could feel his eyes on you once more. What else is there I still don't know about her? For all I know, she could be my daughter! he thought as he chuckled internally. But then he caught himself

Platinum-blonde hair. How I thought I saw myself sitting in the library. And her eyes. I knew I recognized them from somewhere, but now I see it, they look like Naomie's. His breath caught as he watched me with a frown.

He closed his eyes and swallowed. Surely these are all coincidences, he told himself. Yes, if Naomie had been pregnant, she would've told me, even though we had separated, right?

People were feeling more comfortable talking by now and it was noticeable in the volume of their voices. But he noticed nothing, not when they talked, not when his name was called.

Whatever it is, I'm going to get to the bottom of it, he thought determinedly as he got up from his seat and left the room without saying a single word.

He was leaning against his desk, facing the window and staring outside into the darkness. His chair lay a few feet away: he had become frustrated only several moments before and had kicked it away.

It was late. Very late. He should go to bed, but his mind wouldn't let him rest. His eye twitched and as he swallowed, he was suddenly having a flashback.

''Just tell me already, Gellert!'' Naomie squealed excitedly. Grindelwald chuckled and shook his head. ''That I can't. Then it won't be a surprise,'' he said as he slowly crept up behind her and put his arms around her waist.

''You can open your eyes,'' he whispered in her ear as he held her gift in his hands for her to see. Her eyes fluttered open with inhumane speed and it made him chuckle. ''Oh, Gellert. It's beautiful,'' she said as she touched it carefully.

He smiled. ''I made it for you,'' he said as she took it from his hands. It was a leather bracelet with a metal tree emblem on the front.

''I engraved it too,'' he said softly as he watched her turn it around in anticipation. ''To my dearest, Naomie. Your G.G.''

She looked up at him and smiled as he put it around her wrist. ''Do you like it?'' he asked uncertainly. She chuckled and said, ''I love it, thank you.'' Then she pressed her lips against his.

His eyes lit up and his lips twitched up into a subtle grin. The engraving. That's how I can be sure, he thought as he was already making his way to the door.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

''What do you want?'' she yelled. Spittle was flying from her mouth as she talked. Someone jerked my hair back as she neared me, her foul breath on my face. ''What is it you want?'' she asked as she mocked me with a baby voice. There were tears in my eyes and staining my face but I refused to give her what she wanted. I refused to give in.