Chapter 13 ➛The Heart Remembers

The nurse insisted on keeping me in bed the entire day. I felt fine by noon and had a lot of questions that needed to be answered, and now the truth was out, was there any better time to bring it up?

Once the nurse was out of sight and had entered her office, I dashed from under the covers and took my clothes from the chair beside my bed. I threw a glance at where she had disappeared and smiled as she remained unseen.

I hurried from the infirmary and thought of how to approach him. He had answers to my questions and I was determined to get them from him. Lillian's information was not trustworthy, so I had to find another way to find out the truth.

I quietly closed the heavy wooden doors behind me as I started making my way to my room to change. The corridors were quiet and I didn't run into anyone. It was normal not to see a lot of people about the castle, however, it seemed extremely quiet. It felt like something had happened.

The silence was unnerving and it made me look around quite often. When I reached my room I dashed inside, changed into my own clothes and then left once more, now making my way to Grindelwald's office.

Lillian's P.O.V (Third Person)

Those little bastards. They had managed to get away and they took you. I wasn't nearly done with her when her daddy showed up, she thought furiously as she looked around the room. Your blood was still on the ground and on the chair itself; no one dared to clean it up until Lillian gave them the order to.

She stared at it, brows furrowed in rage. Most of it had dried, but there was a small puddle that was still liquid. She squatted down, examining the small puddle, before extending a finger and dipping it in the bright red fluid.

The blood of my sister, she thought as she watched it with a maniacal look. The blood of my mother and that of the disgusting little man that she decides to live with, she squinted at the blood before she slowly extended her tongue and licked off a drop of blood.

Then a subtle grin came to her lips and her maniacal look was complete. He knows that the poor lamb is his daughter, she thought as she watched the guards standing still on both sides of the door. It doesn't matter now, who finds out. We might even be able to use it to our advantage. A wicked grin came to her lips.

Finally, I might have the tool to bring that bastard down. She wiped the blood on her robes before straightening and leaving the room, handing out orders to the guards as she went.

''Clean up that room,'' she said to one of them. And to the other, ''Go to the Minister, tell him I wish to speak with him.''

She then stalked away, knowing in the back of her mind, that finally, the Ministry was a step closer to checkmating Gellert Grindelwald.

Grindelwald's P.O.V (Third Person)

Several men were standing in his room, watching him stoically. ''Are you absolutely sure?'' he asked them as he turned, fighting to keep a straight face.

The man in the middle nodded. ''I had to fight him off, myself,'' he said clearly. They had started off with five. However, there were only four now. His hands joined behind his back as he watched them all one by one.

''He was tipping off information to the enemy, sir. It was why they were able to intercept us during our escape.'' Grindelwald watched him silently, no emotion on his face, whatsoever. The bastard betrayed us, he thought as he fought to repress his anger. I knew something was off about him, but I had not dared to think it was this.