Chapter 1

Flashback

Yuki, Mira, Kyo, Hatsuharu, and Momiji were all playing a game of hide-and-seek at the estate with some 'outsiders'. 'Outsiders' are people who live outside of the estate, they don't know about the Sohma's curse but they have family members who are effected by it.

Kyo popped up "I found you Mira!" 

"Nooooooo." Mira said and walked up to the bench in defeat. She pouted. "Hmph!"

Mira's pov:

I was really sad when Kyo found me because I couldn't play till the next round. I decided to observe everyone and watch them giggle. I pouted, "Hmph!". I zoned out for a bit when I heard a shriek.

I ran over to see Yuki in his rat form. 'Oh no. A girl must've bumped into him.' I thought. I ran over to him are quick as I could but since I was wearing a yukata, I was forced to run slower than I actually could. When I got to Yuki, I bent down and covered him with my yukata sleeves and made eye contact with Hastuharu to notify Akito or Hatori of the situation. Then I put my head down and looked at Yuki. 

"It's going to be okay" I whispered. 

When Hatori came with Akito, Hatori pushed all of the 'outside' kids inside and prepared to erase  their memories of this event. Akito walked to me and I looked up, he was emotionless. I slowly lifted up my arms to reveal Yuki. He turned back and I looked away.(When they turn back to humans, they are fully nude just FYI.) Akito grabbed Yuki's white yukata and placed it on him. His bangs were covering his eyes and I could tell he was frustrated. 

Akito looked at me. I nodded. I helped Yuki back to his room while securing his yukata so I didn't see him while he was nude. 

Flashback ended

Mira's pov:

I woke up from my sleep and looked at the clock. I kept on having that dream quite frequently since I started living with my uncle. I ran away when I was 10 to my uncle who refused to live in the Sohma estate. I knew that I could trust him because he didn't like Akito in the least, similar to me. 

The reason I ran away was because of Akito's rules and ways of 'helping' us. He would beat us even for the smallest reasons. However, Yuki was one affected the most. He was the child who was praised the most. Looking back at the old folk tale, the rat, Yuki's respected animal, came first to the banquet god was holding so he was everyone's favorite. Akito wanted to take control of Yuki and make him into a good model for everyone. I would remember how he was locked in that dark room being traumatized my Akito. 

'How did he stand all of that?' I kept wondering. I was really a mystery. 

I got out of bed and the clock said it was 7:00 am, Saturday. Tomorrow we  were moving to Kaibara because uncle found a better job there. We live in Kyoto. I went to a school where I was considered 'popular'. I never asked to be popular and I prefer to be alone most of the time, when I asked my friends, they said it was because I was pretty and smart. The 'role model student'. Yes, that was the term. I made sure to stray away from boys to protect the secret. I hated Akito but who would know what would happen to me if my secret got out. Even my uncle doesn't know but I plan on telling him soon, I don't want this to show as distrust in our relationship. 

The dragon's influence over me caused me to be dominant, ambitious, authoritative and dignified. I tried to change my personality but it took a while since the dragon is the strongest zodiac animal. I even bought brown colored contacts because my green eyes stood out too much. 

Since I had the day off, I decided to visit the nearby shrine. I prayed that my new life in Kaibara would be wonderful. I also prayed that my secret was safe, although before I finished my prayer, my cellphone rang, 'Uncle' I thought. I stood up and bowed showing my respect. Uncle called me to start packing. I took a bit longer getting there and went through the forest. I mentioned that the zodiac dragon was the strongest zodiac sign, that made a big impact on me. I'm really athletic and I move through with ease. That was one of the best things about the curse, I loved being outdoors and exploring. Another thing I liked about the curse, was that I was stronger than the average girl/teen. I know that it sounds weird but I liked being strong and lifting things with no trouble at all.  

When I got back to the house, I started to pack all of my things until it was time for dinner. Uncle let me bathe first, then it was off to sleep.

'Please let tomorrow be a good experience.' I said in my mind and drifted off to sleep.

-Time Skip- (The next morning)

I woke up a bit earlier than usual to make a filling breakfast. After breakfast, I went to go change, brush my teeth and brushed my brunette hair. 'Maybe I shouldn't put my contacts in. Yeah, new place, sort of new me, plus, I really like my green eyes. I shouldn't think about what others think about me.' I thought.

I went outside to open the up the moving truck. I carried 3 boxes in one hand and 2 in the other. Uncle used my strength as an advantage and made me move all of the boxes while he packed the very last things. 

After the moving truck was full, uncle and I drove 2 hours and 10 minutes to Kaibara. Since it was a long ride, I plugged) in my earphones and listened to my favorite playlist, "Different is Good". 

-Time Skip- (Kaibara)

I woke up to my uncle tapping me. We arrive at our new house. 

I wasn't as good as our old house, but it was pretty decent in this area. I went inside and unpacked half of my things. I wanted to get familiar with the area so I told my uncle I was going to take a walk and wouldn't be home by dinner. I started to walk around the neighborhood and tried looking for a store. I couldn't find one so I tried to look for some forests. It was far away but I could make it. 

It took an hour to get there by running but lucky for me I had plenty of stamina. I climbed the trees and sat there admiring the scenery. I noticed a house and went to check it out. I saw a man with black hair with the dark blue yukata and a fan walk past the screen doors. I hid in the bushes and attempted to make no noise getting out of there. Buuuuut, being the silly person I am, I snapped a twig and stood straight up, the man was looking at me weirdly. Well, imagine a girl popped right out of the bushes in your front yard (Heheheh).  

"Oh sorry for um disturbing you." I said with my hand on my neck. I didn't want to look like a creepy stalker person. "Uhhhh well I'll. Just. Go. Now." I said that with pauses in between making me sound weird. I rushed out of there not saying another word. 

'Great, I must've looked like a stalker. Not such a great start to my new life here.' I sighed deeply and saw a store. 'Yay! Food'.