Welcome Home ✨

A woman is carefully arranging candles on the low table in her living room. Her living room, what a strange, wonderful thought.

When she's happy with the arrangement she stands up straight, and turning around, she tries to take it all in; the immense beauty of her home. It wouldn't surprise her if she was glowing right now, it wouldn't surprise her if world peace was declared in that moment.

She stills, facing the empty wall behind the sofa. There are no pictures put up yet, no paintings. But there would be, they would fill this wall with love and memories and all things lovely.

She strolls through the other rooms of the apartment, savoring this moment, this promise of a new life. She crashes down onto their familiar bed in this strange room, in this foreign apartment, in this unexplored town.

She could have dozed off, would have, if she didn't just then hear the door open and that treasured voice call out,
"Honey, I'm home", in that lovely humoured tone and make her dash out into the hall and throw herself into their arms. They chuckle and bury their nose in her hair.
"Missed you too", they whisper, their smile resonating in their voice.

Without pulling away, she whispers back,
"Welcome home"