seven

⚠️
this chapter contains a scene where there is the fighting and killing of a monster. this is an original scene and is not in the books nor the movies.
there is a significant amount of detail regarding the killing of it, so if this makes you uncomfortable, there is a
'♛'
marking the beginning and end of the section before the chapter continues.

⚠️

edited: april 15, 2021; august 5, 2023

✺✺✺

(Y/N) looks up, hearing the sounds of clashing swords echoing through the woods, accompanied by grunts and yells. She stands up on the tree branch, gaining her balance and leaping over to the next tree. Her feet land with ease, balanced and confident as she continues to cross the forest.

A single slip-up would lead to her falling over twenty feet onto the hard ground, but having made that mistake before, her years of practice mitigate the chances. She could do this in her sleep if she wanted to. Not that she would want to, because after all, it was far more comfortable to sleep in her nice bed than to be jumping through the woods on tree branches. But random skills had helped her out in the past, so she liked to keep things fresh.

After landing on a large pine tree a ways away from the edge of the creek, she crouches and peers forward. Hidden by the foliage, she watches as the gathered demigods donning red- and blue-plumed helmets spare her no attention. As she leans closer, she reaches a hand behind her to create a sturdy vine. It wraps around the tree trunk, allowing her to grip it while planting her feet just beneath to get a better look at the scene.

A gasp escapes her at the sight of Percy Jackson sprawled out on the riverbed, his skin bloody and bruised. 

Her gaze shifts to the red team. She shakes her head upon noticing Annabeth's sword—fresh blood rolls down the tip, dropping into the sand.

"It's his first day, Annie," (Y/N) mutters, looking back to Percy. "Could've taken it easier on him."

Percy starts to inch towards the creek, and (Y/N) holds her breath. He stretches his hand to the water. Upon contact, it travels up his fingers and arm, skating over his injuries. 

Of course.

A smile makes its way onto her face as Percy's wounds heal, the blood washing away as the water passes over his skin. He stands, looking at his unmarred arms, and (Y/N) tilts her head in anticipation of what she knows is to come.

A hologram-type image of a green trident materializes above Percy's head. Campers gasp and step away, murmuring amongst themselves at the symbol. Percy tilts his chin up to look at it before it fades away.  

He doesn't fully understand what it means, but he looks around at the surrounding campers to see a plethora of mixed emotions. Some people hold expressions of awe while others seem to be fuming with anger or jealousy. Annabeth, specifically, appears intrigued, but she shakes it off.

"This game isn't over," she says, pointing her sword in Percy's direction. Her teammates ready their weapons before charging at the newly claimed son of Poseidon.

Percy adjusts his hold on Riptide, feeling a sudden ripple of confidence and strength rush though his body. He lifts his sword, expertly blocking an attack sent his way.

(Y/N)'s eyebrows raise, amazed at the skill and power he achieved from the water. She chuckles triumphantly as Mark crashes on his back after Percy flips him over his shoulder.