46 | noah

It's past midnight when us guys pull into the parking lot of Thorne and Mia's apartment

It's past midnight when us guys pull into the parking lot of Thorne and Mia's apartment. We all carpooled in Jay's minivan instead of driving our own respective vehicles. Wells tried to play off this decision as being "better for the environment", but we all know he just wanted an excuses to get drunk and not have to worry about his car getting towed when he inevitably ends up needing a ride.

I end up driving, as I'm the only sober one between the five of us. Thorne sits in the passenger seat nexts to me, basically sober besides the three shots he had at the beginning of the night (he claimed he didn't want to be hungover in the morning, as he gets married in a matter of hours, but I know he's really just nervous for the ceremony and everyone knows Thorne doesn't handle liquor well when he's nervous).

Asher, Jay, and Wells are squished together in the back, completely out of it. Wells has yet to stop singing that stupid Baby Shark song as he sticks his head out of the window like a dog, a plastic bag in his lap incase he feels the need to puke (because everyone knows that Wells can't handle his liquor well at all). In the middle sits Jay, who apparently becomes unusually quiet when drunk, with a hankering for cashews. Behind Thorne is Asher, his demeanor renaming unchanged from his usual brooding.

It's almost impossible to get Wells up the stairs to the third floor, as he pauses every few second to bark like a dog, cracking himself up. It's agreed that Wells, Jay, and Asher will be spending the night at the apartment, mostly because Thorne and I are wary of what they might do if we drop them off unattended.

Entering the apartment, I'm surprised to find the place is dark, quiet, and reeking booze. I'm aware that the girls were holding Mia's bachelorette party here, so when I walk in to find the place silent and dark, I assume they called it a night and went home.

I guess it's because of this assumption that I'm startled to wander into the living room to find the girls spread out, completely out of it. Charlie and Violet are wrapped up together in a recliner, long gone. Mia and Emmie lay sprawled out on the rug, heads on the coffee table, a bottle of vodka set between them. Then there's Blake, sleeping on the couch, her blond hair spread out around her face like a golden halo.

That is, until Wells makes a bird call sound that wakes all of the girls up, besides Charlie and Violet.

Emmie is the first to stir, sitting up and glancing at us boys through narrowed and hazy eyes. She shrugs before reaching for the bottle of vodka, wrapping her red lips around the lid without a care in the world.

Mia sits up slowly, blinking to adjust to the light. Her gaze drifts from Emmie chugging vodka to us boys gathering in the living room before settling on Thorne, her hazel eyes lighting up as they do so.

"Hi, baby," Mia slurs. "What are you doing home?"

Thorne shakes his head as he studies Mia, smiling as he makes his way over to her. He crouches down next to her, tucking her messy hair behind her ears before lopping an arm beneath her legs, wrapping the other around her torso as he lifts Mia into his arms effortlessly.