epilogue | noah

"Can I open my eyes yet?" Blake questions, sounding intrigued and the slightest bit impatient

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Can I open my eyes yet?" Blake questions, sounding intrigued and the slightest bit impatient. I can't help cracking a smile. Even after these past two years we have spent together, she never fails to brighten all of my days. I can only imagine how badly she is dying to know what this big surprise is, especially since I've been covering her eyes since we stepped out of my truck.

I direct Blake a few steps forward, not allowing her to peek. Steadying her, I inhale a shaky breath before answering, "Not yet."

Blake releases a huff of annoyed breath, though I can sense her smiling. "What about now?"

I realize that it's now or never. Chuckling, I agree. I slowly remove my hands from Blake's eyes, giving her the chance to finally take in the scene before us.

Her reaction is priceless. A gasp escapes her lips, those warm brown eyes of hers widening in surprise and disbelief. Her hands fly to cover her mouth, surprised expression morphing into one of awe. I can't take my eyes off of her, unable to wrap my head around how lucky I am to be standing next to her.

I have to force myself to glance over at the sight that has her so taken off guard, studying the scenery. I take in the deep green grass and spotless gravel driveway that turns into the house I have spent the past few months working my ass off to be able to afford. It's not exactly much, a one-story building closer to the outskirts of town, yet close enough to the city center to easily commute to our friends and family. The place is much nicer than it was when I bought it, as I spent long hours after working renovating it. I redid the trim and shutters, fixed the roof, and painted the exterior a light shade of yellow, trying to make the home Blake has always talked of wanting. I added the front porch myself, with the help of Wells and Thorne. It took forever to paint the wood white to match the shutters and trim. Rocking chairs adorn the deck, matching to every last detail of what Blake has told me she wants in her dream house, down to the white picket fence encircling the building.

"Noah," Blake murmurs in a breath. Tears of joy well in her eyes as she glances at me as if at a loss for words. "You didn't."

"Of course I did." I take her hand in mine. "What did you think I'd been working on that kept me out so late these past few months? I wanted to make this place perfect."

Once Blake and I reunited and settled back into a relationship, we on and off spoke of sharking a place. At the time, I had my own apartment while Blake shared one with Jess. It seemed to make sense for her to move in with me. We've been living together in my apartment, though as time went on Blake and I began to discuss the typical things couples do, such as pets and children and marriage and our own house. Blake had the picture of her dream home imprinted in her mind already: pale yellow, white shutters, wide front porch, white picket fence. I've known from the moment she came back into my life that I want forever with her, so why not start forever in her dream home?

"I can't believe you did this," Blake chokes out.

"The house isn't even the best part," I tell her. Her expression falls to shock all over again.

Lost and Foundजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें