2| wings

1st year of U.A. High School|

"Amajiki! We're in the same class!" Mirio grinned as he peaked at his best friend's schedule

"Yeah, I suppose we are," his voice was far from enthusiastic.

"You excited?! We are going to become heroes!" Mirio placed an arm over Amajiki's shoulder, pulling him into a side hug.

"I guess I-I am," the timid boy grumbled. When suddenly, a blue blur passed the pair. Their clothing waved through the sudden gust of air, and their hair quickly became disheveled.

"HEY NO FAIR YOU HAVE WINGS!" now a girl with ebony hair and bright purple eyes zoomed passed them, she was desperately trying to keep up.

"What was that!" Mirio let's go of Amajiki, and they both stared at the ebony-haired girl and the blue blur that was being to slow down.

"You said you wanted to race!" the blue blur which was actually [y/n] began to fly back towards Maki, who was huffing and puffing on the ground.

"No way," Mirio's eyebrows rose in shock and Amajiki's indigo eyes widen in pure astonishment, at this point maybe he felt more than that.

"M-Mirio sh-she has butterfly wings," Amajiki's eyes were glued onto the stunning blues and purples that painted the young girl's wings. They flapped so effortlessly, and they shimmered beautifully against the morning light.

"Mirio, do you s-see her? Th-Those are actual b-butterfly wings," Amajiki clutched onto his best friend's forearm. The blonde grew even more shocked, never has he seen Amajiki get this excited before.

"You do like butterflies, don't you!" Mirio laughed lightly as he began to walk towards the pair of girls.

"Wh-Where are you g-going," Amajiki stayed put, yet he held his grip on Mirio.

"Let's go talk to them! I bet they are super friendly!" Mirio began to pull his best friend, but that immediately made Amajiki let go.

"N-No, th-that's w-weird," Amajiki began to tremble as he the girls' waves of laughter filled the air. Even though they weren't laughing at Amajiki, his anxiety and insecurities automatically made him feel as if he was the one being laughed at.

"Come on, Ama—" Mirio was cut off by the indigo eyed boy turning around and scurrying away.

"Amajiki, where are you going? That's the wrong way!" Mirio shouted as he began to follow his duck butt haired friend.

"I-I'll go th-the long way," he sassed while quickly shoving his hands into his pockets. Mirio let out a hearty sigh and quickly caught up to his friend.

☼☼☼

"This is it, you ready?" Mirio stood proudly by the staggering long door, while Amajiki winced at the thought of seeing who was on the other side.

"N-No," he mumbled as he hid behind his hair. With no hesitation, Mirio opens the door quickly, walking in first as Amajiki followed behind him.

"Take a seat anywhere, for now, an assigned seat will be given tomorrow," the teacher smiled kindly.

"Yes, ma'am!" Mirio responded enthusiastically as always. The preppy blonde scanned the room, and to his pleasant surprise, [y/n] sat at the last row alongside Maki. An excited grin formed on his face as he darted towards the last two empty seats beside them.

"Mi-Mirio quit walking s-so fast," Tamaki mumbled his vision, only focusing on Mirio's shoes.

"Excuse me, but are these seats taken?" Mirio asked ever so kindly.

"No sit right ahead," [y/n] smiled sweetly, and Maki shook her head in agreement.

"Ok, thank you! Tamaki take the seat in the middle I'll take the corner,"

"W-Wait wh—" Mirio placed Tamaki onto the seat quickly, giving no time for him to protest.

Tamaki quickly scanned his surroundings area, and when his eyes landed on [y/n]'s wings, his heart fluttered in his chest. His posture stiffened, and his whole body began to tremble.

"You're welcome, buddy," Mirio chuckled, yet the only thing Tamaki was able to do was to turn his face forward and slam it on the desk, creating a small thud to echo in the room.

[y/n] turned her head quickly and saw the anxiety-ridden boy shaking uncontrollably beside her.

"Hey! You okay there?!" her voice flowed through his ears. She was making Amajiki feel as if he was about to pass out.

"Oh, he's fine. Just tried is all!" Mirio responded for Amajiki, who was quite literally struggling to breathe.

"Are you sure? He doesn't look so well! Should we take him to the nurse's office?!" she leaned towards the curious-looking boy.

"You're fine, right, Amajiki!"

With all of his strength, Amajiki lifted his left-hand and placed an extremely shaky thumbs up. His face never leaving the desk.