7| [y/n] [l/n]

1st year of U.A. High School|

[y/n] walked through the arena halls with a flustered expression on her face. Her very first U.A. sports festival, and she was disqualified because her wings managed to stick out of the boundary lines.

"You did great. It's just that you need to be more aware of your surroundings!" Maki tried to comfort her, but [y/n] was too infuriated to listen.

"Yeah, I know," she grumbled as they walked down the stairs to view the rest of the fights.

"I'm up after this," Maki grinned as they took a seat in front of Tamaki, who was slouching so much the both of them missed his presence.

"Good luck Oze, show them whatcha got okay!" [y/n] wrapped her arm around her best friend and gave her a tight squeeze. Meanwhile, Amajiki eyes followed each movement her wings made.

The current fight, the girls witnessed the power Mirio had; though they did see his willy, they were left speechless at the skill and strength he had shown off.

"He is going to be a-a spectacular hero!" [y/n] spoke as he watched the ripped boy put he's uniform on.

"He absolutely destroys!" Maki sat up as she began to make her way to the locker room.

"You got this! Oze doesn't mess up like me!" she threw her fist into the air.

"See you in a bit," Maki smiled excitedly, and when [y/n] turned her head to keep saying their cheesy good-byes, she saw Tamaki who's head hung so low she couldn't see his eyes.

"Hey, Tamaki! I didn't see you there!" her voice made him flinch.

"Um...Hi...[l/n]," he replied, his indigo eyes peeking out as his slouch began to go away.

"[y/n]," she smiled bashfully.

"H-Huh?" he choked out.

"You can call me [y/n], and why are you alone?" she titled her head in confusion. He always had Mirio or Nejire with him.

"Um...Nejire...is up soon, and...you know Mirio just finished his round," his eyes looked down again, as he mustered the strength for his next sentence.

"Since we are both buddyless, is it okay if I sit with you?" she asked, her finger then pointed at the empty seat next to him. Amajiki swallowed hard, and his anxiety didn't want him to be near people he didn't know all that well, while his heart wanted to get closer to her wings.

"...um...Sure," he finally responded.

"Thanks, Tamaki," she then flew upwards, his eyes capturing the image of the wings flying so effortlessly.

"Mirio is crazy strong, isn't he!?" she spoke while finally taking a seat next to him.

"Mhm," he hummed as he turned back to view the arena. He wished that [y/n] was still in front of him since that was the best view of her wings.

"His quirk is insane, but you can tell he's worked extremely hard to perfect it! Seeing his fight proved that having a good quirk is amazing but pointless if you don't put in the work to make yourself an amazing hero," her eyes still glued onto Mirio, who was now leaving the battleground.

Amajiki nervously turned to look at her, completely astonished by what she said. No one in U.A. knew Mirio, so they just assumed he's blessed with skill and a powerful quirk, and that made Amajiki mad because he knew the struggles and obstacles Mirio has gone through. So hearing someone who barely knew Mirio say such truthful words caught him off guard but in the best way.

"You three are something," she smiled lightly, as her hands began to fiddle with edges of her school skirt.

"You guys are going to be amazing heroes," her [e/c] finally turned to look at Amajiki.

"You're just as positive as Mirio...you'll be a g-great hero too," he spoke, and to [y/n]'s surprise, he kept eye contact the whole time.

"I don't know about all that," [y/n] closed her eyes in a shy smile.

"...but you know what? I'll work my butt off to catch up to you guys," she grinned once more, and for the first time, Amajiki finally saw [y/n] [l/n], and not just the girl with the butterfly wings.

___

a/n: i'm excited with all the love this book is getting! i'm having so much fun and i can't wait to continue writing!
so thank you for your votes and amazing comments! 🥺💜
if you'd like i have a few more BNHA stories and i have Naruto stories too! so you're more then welcomed to check them out and leave your feedback bc it makes me so happy and it also inspires me to continue writing 💜

anyways

much love and stay safe 💜
-marle ✨