24| breathe

"RED RIOT!" [y/n] shouted as she watched Kirishima walk into the agency decked out in his hero suit.

"EPIOSA!" Kirishima matched her energy, and the two gave each other a hard double high five.

"You excited for your first patrol?" the winged girl asked as Tamaki made his way beside her.

"Heck yeah! I'm stoked to see you guys in action!" the redhead grinned, which showed off his sharp teeth.

"Take notes from this guy right here. He's pro hero level," [y/n] pointed her thumb at Tamaki, who smiled softly at [y/n]'s words.

"Don't cut yourself short, Epiosa. You're just as strong," Fatgum patted her head.

"I don't know Suneater is absolutely amazing," she then lightly jabbed his bicep with her elbow.

"You know...you're extremely talented...Epiosa," Tamaki responded as he began to fiddle with his fingers. [y/n]'s eyes widen, and a blush filled her cheeks. She was shocked to hear Tamaki compliment her.

"Alright, let's get going then," Fatgum began to lead his little group out, and within minutes of being out, the group of heroes already found a problem. A young boy found himself lost and separated from his family.

"I'll take care of this! I'll catch up to you guys in a few," [y/n] then walked towards the petrified child.

"Sounds good, Epiosa," Fatgum gave the approval knowing full well [y/n] was more than capable of handling the situation.

"Hey, kiddo," [y/n] crouched down towards the crying boys level.

"I-I..." sobs left his mouth but [y/n] quickly sprouted her wings to its fullest extent. She then bent them closer towards her. The wings cover the boy's peripheral vision. [y/n] using this tactic to distract the boy from the busy streets.

"It's okay kid, my name is Epiosa, and I'm here to help you. Just tell me what's wrong," her soft hand found itself on the boys head.

"I-I lost m-my mom-my," he sniffled, as his eyes began to examine the delightful way her wings glowed.

"Okay, what about we go up and look for her?" she gave the boy a sweet smile opening her arms for him.

"U-Up?" he questioned suspiciously.

"I can take you on a nice little flight, and we'll find your mom in a flash," [y/n] explained, her tone of voice so gentle the little boy was losing his fear.

"O-Okay," the little boy embraced [y/n], his grip so tight [y/n] had to rub his back to soothe him. It didn't take too long for [y/n] to find a panicking mother. The poor women was yelling frantically for her son and searching desperately within the crowds of people. [y/n] then swooped down to the petrified mother, and as soon as she saw Epiosa holding her son, the women cried in relief. The group exchanged words, and the mother explained how she managed to lose her child.

"Alrighty, kiddo, make sure you listen to your mom because you don't want to get lost again, now do we?" [y/n] gave him a small warning before going back to look for her team. She didn't know she was so far until she realized her group was nowhere to be seen. She continued to look until suddenly she heard a noise that made her stomach drop.

A gunshot echoed [y/n] flew even faster towards the chaos. Her heart then stopped when she saw Kirishima taking a bullet for Tamaki. Having no time to react, the bullet that ricocheted from the first year landed onto [y/n]. Her eyes widen from the lack of pain she expected to feel. [y/n] then flew to Tamaki's side, he too in shock, not understanding why he didn't feel the deadly impact.

"Tamaki, are you o—" no words could express the emotion she felt when her wings went limp.

"Your wings!" Tamaki got up and focused all his attention on [y/n]. His hand pulled out the strange bullet that was pierced into her arm. Her vibrant colored wings slowly discolored into grays and blacks.

"Wh-What?" she tried to flap them, but nothing happened, causing even more shock to settle into her body.

"I can't use my quirk either," Tamaki's hand then connected to her biceps, slowly pulling her up from the ground.

"Wh-Where's Red R-Riot?" even in the midst of her terrifying situation, she still managed to worry for her underclassmen.

"He's fine. Let's go to the cops," Tamaki forced himself to act calm and composed because he has never seen [y/n] so distraught before.

"Are you okay? Tamaki, are you hurt?" her eyes began to scan his body for any sign of harm.

"I'm fine [y/n], you need to calm down," Tamaki's hands traveled up to her shoulders.

"Th-The bullet! Wh-Where's the bullet?! That's the evidence we need!" Tamaki understood what [y/n] was going through. He felt her body tremble, he saw her erratic breathing, and he noticed the sweat that was beginning to fall from her face.

"Hey [y/n] look at me," Tamaki pulled [y/n] in closer.

"Breath, everything is fine; all you need to do is breathe," having lots of experience with panic attacks, Tamaki knew how to handle her terrified behavior.

"Breathe with me," Tamaki began to take in a deep breath and [y/n] then followed. Her eyes welling up with tears because of the feeling of her dead like wings. Once Amajiki exhaled, so did [y/n]. Her eyes only focusing on his. Her mind enable to register the rest of the chaos that was going on around them.

____
a/n:
ugh i'm so tired i just finished a long ass shift at work and i'm beat
but
i wanted to make sure to update because we reached 50k views!!!
thank you guys so much i mean idk why y'all like this story but i greatly appreciate every single one of you for being here 😭😭
anyways
much love and stay safe cuties 🥺💜
-marle 😀

(p.s. sorry for any grammatical errors 🥶)