11| touch

summer vacation|

[y/n] fixed her half up half down hair due today would be the last night before going to America. All her friends were walking up to her walkway, each of them doing whatever they could to forget the real reason why they all got together this evening.

"Here's some cash dear, you have fun, okay?" her mother sneaked some money into her daughter's hand.

"Yeah," she smiled through her sadness.

"Try not to come back to late. You have to wake up early tomorrow," [y/n] only nodded and left her room, walking quickly to her front door.

Two soft knocks were then placed on her door, and she immediately pulled it open a genuine grin on her face.

"My favorite people!" she cheered, but her friends just didn't feel like their usual selves.

"Hey [y/n]," more sad smiles were shown, yet Tamaki only looked at [y/n] his eyes widening slightly. He's never seen her look so beautiful before. He felt his face warm up when he noticed the butterfly design the decorated her light blue yukata.

"You guys look wonderful!" she exited the door, doing her very best to act as if this wasn't their last night together.

"No, you!" Maki chuckled as she followed [y/n] down the walkway.

"Let's go get some snacks, and then we'll find a nice spot on the beach to look at fireworks!" the winged girl suggested, as they all followed her lead.

"Oh! and no need to be so depressed about this guys! I'll be back before you know it, ok!" she looked over to Mirio, who was being incredibly quite.

"And we live in the age of technology! You guys can always text me, call me, hell even email me!" Neijre laughed at [y/n]'s statement.

"You're right!" Mirio grinned, "Even though the time difference is pretty significant, I'm still going to call you!" Maki snickered, as the group walked their way to the firework show.

"That includes you too, Tamaki, don't forget to send me a meme or something," she leaned over to look at her crush, her heart thumping, preparing itself for his response.

"Mhm," he only hummed, his eyes glued onto the pavement. His heart unsure how to feel, was he relieved that one out of the many reasons for his anxiety was leaving or was his heartbreaking, yet another reason for him to feel depressed, the person who was beginning to live rent-free in his head was leaving.

The wings he has yet to touch were leaving. If anything, he was upset about it. He just didn't know how to express it, especially to [y/n].

☼☼☼

"Sit! Sit! before we miss the show!" [y/n] grabbed Tamaki's writs and sat him next to her.

"W-What about the others!" his voice shook with anxiety, completely shocked by the way her hand felt on his wrist.

"It's their fault they went to get dango, instead of takoyaki like us," she nudged his shoulder lightly.

"Yeah, I-I guess your r-right," a blush filled his cheeks as he looked at his food. To his surprise, there was no weird tension, just the ambiance of the festival. Tamaki felt quite comfortable for some reason, yet he still felt butterflies in his stomach.

"Hey, Tamaki," [y/n] looked over to the handsome boy, she felt her cheeks begin to warm up. He brushed his indigo-colored side bang behind his ear to keep any stay strands from getting into his mouth as he ate.