26| shine

[y/n] hid under Tamaki's cape as they entered the U.A. gates, her arm still locked with his with her face stained with tears.

"T-Tamaki," she sniffled lightly just as the pair began to open their dorm building.

Tamaki swallowed hard; after realizing his true feelings for the girl, he found it hard to concentrate.

"Yes," he managed to reply.

"Can I-I...um...sleepover with...you," she blushed as they finally made it towards the elevator.

"Sure," his heart began to race, but he had to stay calm for [y/n] because that's what she needs at the moment.

☼☼☼

"I'll...um...sleep on...the floor," Tamaki spoke nervously as [y/n] came into his dorm. Both of them in their sleeping attire and pretty exhausted after their eventful patrol.

"Oh...ok," she looked down to her feet, a blush beginning to spread across her face. Still feeling pretty sad, she made her way to Tamaki's bed: Where she bundled up into a ball and hid under his blankets. His scent filling her nose, which caused a small smile to form on her lips.

"Goodnight [y/n]," he yawned before cuddling into his blankets and falling into a deep slumber.

"Night Tamaki," she responded quietly, and the pair finally succumbed to their exhaustion. Yet in the midst of the night, Tamaki was awoken by the light sobs that left [y/n]'s lips. He rubbed his eyes and slowly lifted himself. The moonlight lit up the girl who was quivering under the blankets.

"[y/n]," he whispered, but there was no answer.

"Hey [y/n]," Tamaki repeated once more, yet the winged girl wouldn't respond. His groggy mind realized that she was crying in her sleep, and that tore his heart. He didn't know why, but he found himself climbing up his bed and slowly pulling her into his arms.

"You're going to be okay," he whispered, and he suddenly felt [y/n]'s hands grip his chest. She didn't speak; she only held onto the young man. The comfort [y/n] needs was being provided by Tamaki, who was genuinely easing her pain.

"Thank you," she sniffled as she snuggled deeper into his chest.

"Of course," his built arms wrapped around her waist, and he rested his chin onto the top of her head. Tamaki isn't one for such physical contact, but when he had [y/n] in his grip, he didn't mind it at all. [y/n] is warm and welcoming, and Tamaki was undoubtedly attracted to that. He could feel her shine even if she was feeling gloomy, and her shine is nothing like the one Mirio or Kirishima has. [y/n]'s shine didn't blind him; if anything, it made things clearer. Her shine brought him tranquility, and it eased his anxiety.

And as the time between them went on, Tamaki understood that [y/n] is becoming something more than just a friend. He just didn't know how he is going to make that transition happen.

___
a/n:
a lil update because
we reached 500 followers hdjsjakaja
thank you! THANK YOU !!
THANK YOU !!!

i love reading all your comments they bring me true joy!

i'm glad you guys are enjoying this story because i enjoy writing it!

i hope you liked this chapter and im excited to read all of your amazing comments!

AGAIN

THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE!

remember to stay safe and that i love you 💜

- your dumb author marle 🥺