Chapter Seven

I woke up later then normal today, I put on a crop top and jean shorts then walked towards the living room. Soda saw me and immediately ran me back into my bedroom. "What were you thinking"! He whispered loudly. "Wha-"I started. "Your chest!" He was staring at me now he looked angry. 'Oh my god the hickeys' I thought to myself. "I- he didn't tell me he went that far". Soda made his hands into fists and started pacing. "Soda-" he cut me off by swinging the door open and slamming the front door. "What's his problem". Pony said leaving his room. I quickly changed into a button up flannel and ran out the front door. Soda made good time because I couldn't even see him by the time I made it outside. I kept yelling for him but there was no response. Then it hit me...he was heading for Steve.

I ran as fast as possible to Steve tears were streaming down my face. By the time I made it to Steve's house I could hear yelling and screaming from inside. I bolted through the front door to see Soda on top of Steve pinning him to the ground and Steve was bloodied and bruised. "Oh...my...god". I nearly fainted seeing Steve like that. "S-s-soda what the hell have you done". I looked at him anger was rushing through me as the tears kept flowing. Soda was speechless when it finally set in what he had done. I shoved soda off of Steve and smacked him. I stared at him for what felt like forever...that wasn't my brother, my brother would never do that my TWIN would never do that. Darry would do this but not Soda. "I never want to see your face again". I stared cold into Sodas eyes, I turned and started dragging Steve's limp body out the door. "Let me help". Soda said standing up. "You've done damn near enough Soda". I slammed the door in his face and started carrying Steve back I wasn't weak but I wasn't strong and carrying someone whose double your size doesn't make matters any better. I walked off with Steve's in my arms. Being Darrys Sister I've always been stronger than the rest of my friends he taught me how to play football at a young age and I worked out with him a lot when Soda wasn't around it's what made me and Darry so close when I was younger. Although after mom and dad died he started to become overprotective and we slowly drifted apart. Thank God for times like this That he did teach me how to fight and how to play football and let me work out with him to or else I wouldn't be able to get Steve home. I finally made it home and slammed my body into the door to get it open, it stung once I regained balance but I couldn't do much more. "Yo chil- WHAT HAPPENED"! Darry yelled. "I-it was Soda". I said I was starting to ball. "Now why in the world would he do that". Darry exclaimed. I silently lay Steve down and my arms felt like they weighed a million pounds after the adrenaline got out of me. Darry finished fixing up Steve and I stayed next to him to make sure he was ok. I was reading one of Pony's old books when Soda walked through the door, he looked at me and then walked into the kitchen to ask Darry to fix his knuckles up. "Ah, so it's true...my kid brothers a maniac". Darry said throwing his dish rag down. "Darry...we need to talk". My heart dropped and I ran to my room and locked the door, they were too busy to notice me anyways. It felt like it took forever when finally I heard Darry. "WHAT!" I knew soda had blabbed about the hickies and both me and Steve were dead. Darry barged into my room and grabbed wrist. "DARRY WAIT". Soda yelled running after us. "Back off Soda you've done your share". I kept trying to pull my arm away from him. "Darry god damn it". Soda shoved Darry against the wall and he dropped my wrist. "This isn't how it should be handled". Soda said letting Darry back down. "Oh but beating the living hell out of your best friend is". Darry said staring him down. Soda looked down ashamed of the truth. "You two are maniacs ok IM SIXTEEN FOR GODS SAKE IM OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE A BOYFRIEND IF I CHOOSE TO!" I shoved Soda out of the way and ran out the front door. I ran and just kept running I didn't care how far I got or how far away I made it I wasn't gonna stop.