Chapter Twenty Seven

I woke up with Steves arms wrapped around my waist and his head behind me neck. I'd of loved for that moment to last forever but my stomach started churning and I bolted for the restroom. I dropped to the floor and regretted eating spaghetti yesterday. Then out of nowhere I felt steve pull my hair up and start rubbing my back. "Its ok baby i'm here" Steve said kneeling down next to me. My stomach finally stopped churning and I wiped my mouth off. I gave Steve a huge hug, "Thank you...for everything you do." he rubbed my back. "I'll go make breakfast, what sounds good to you." he said looking me in the eyes smiling. "Anything, whatever seems best." I said, he kissed my forehead and walked out to the kitchen. I went into the bedroom and changed into a flannel and jeans and threw my hair up then went into the kitchen. "Well, what an eventful morning." Steve said flipping a couple pancakes. "Ya...im sorry." I said walking behind him putting my hand on his shoulder. "Don't be it's all worth it in the end." he said turning and kissing my cheek. I smiled and made myself a cup of water. He plated me some pancakes with syrup and got himself some to. "Wow, these are really good. Since when did you learn to cook." I said giggling. "Something my mom used to make before my mom-you know." He put his head in his hands and I got up and went over to him wrapping my arms around his waist and laying my head on his back. "I'm so sorry, I completely forgot." I said rubbing his back. "No, no I'm fine don't worry bout me." He looked up and flashed a shy smile before finishing cutting his pancakes. I cleared my plate and cleaned it taking Steve's with me. "What are your plans for today." He said walking up behind me rubbing my side then putting his glass away. "I was thinking of going over to my brothers place, Pony and Johnny wanna see a movie today." I said smiling and kissing his cheek. "Never ceases to amaze me how he affords all those movies." Steve said grabbing the paper from the front step and sitting down at the kitchen table. I made him a cup of coffee and sat down at the table with a glass of water. "What are your plans." I said messing with my nails. "Not a clue, I might see what sodas you to." Be said putting the paper down. "You just be careful out there today I'm not there to protect both of you." He said rubbing my hand. "I promise me and the baby will be safe, you on the other hand stay out of trouble."‍‍‍‍ I said giggling. "ya ya i know." he said smirking and finishing his coffee. "you want to drive with me or walk to their house." I said standing up and fixing my flannel."i'll walk." he said cleaning his glass and hanging it. "sounds good to me im gonna head out." I grabbed my purse and keys and gave him a quick kiss before walking out the front door and heading to the car. I waved goodbye as I pulled out of the driveway. He waved from the window and I took off down the street.
*3 minutes later*
I pulled up to their house and knocked on the front door. Soda answered the door. "Oh y/n hey!" He said closing the door behind me. "What's wrong your acting weird." I said crossing my arms. "What, no, me, now way." He said facing the other direction. "Soda if it's because I'm-." I said getting cut off. "It's not ok...Darry can't find Dallas." He said turning to look at me. "What...he runs off all the time prolly at bucks again." I said making a cup of water. "That's the point, Buck said he hasn't come back since last night." Soda said standing against the wall. "I'm sure it can't be too bad not like he doesn't know how to fight." I said giggling. "I don't know y/n he acted real weird after you know what last night I'm worried bout him." He said rubbing the back of his neck. I set my glass down and walked up to him putting my hand on his shoulder. "If anybody knows Dallas, it's me and I'm telling you he's fine." Soda look me in the eyes when I said that. "You better be right." He said sliding me over and walking into the living room.
Steve's POV:
After y/n left I changed into a shirt and jeans. I planned on going to the dingo with Soda but I didn't know if I was really in the mood. Last night kept replaying in my head. "Your dead man...your dead." That's all I could hear echoing in my head. I laid my head against the wall. "Your dead man...your dead." It's like it was taking over my thoughts like it was right next to me. Then I heard the snap of a switchblade. I whipped around Dallas was standing behind me pointing it at me. "W-wo-woah D-Dal-Dallas-we c-can ta-talk ab-about this." I said backing up against the wall. "Why'd you do it." He said walking closer to me. "Dal-Dal please." I said putting my hands up. He grabbed my shirt and pulled me forward slamming me back against the wall, knocking the air out of me. "Dallas." I said in a wheezing tone. "WHY'D YOU DO IT!" He said again yelling in my face. I shoved him off of me knocking him into the side table. "Your crazy!" I said catching my breath. He stood up and grabbed me he held me against the wall tightening his grip around my throat pointing the blade at my neck. I could see the pain and tears in his eyes. "Why-why did you take her from me." He said I could see a tear fall down his cheek. "You think if you kill-kill me shes gonna li-like you anymore *gasp* she'd hate you for the rest of yo-your goddamn life." I said trying to breathe. He froze and dropped me his blade swept across my cheek as I fell. I collapsed to the floor wheezing trying to breathe normally as he stood there staring at the blade. "DALLAS." I hear y/ns voice from behind me. "DALLAS WHAT THE HELL." It sounded like Soda but I wasn't sure. I laid on the cold wood floor as y/n ran over to me. "Oh my god Steve your cheek." Y/n said sitting me up against the wall. She wiped the blood from my cheek. I could hear Soda giving it all to Dallas everything in the book it wasn't like soda to cuss or even raise his voice but he sounded pissed. "Steve stay awake." I could hear y/n saying but it sounded echoey I didn't notice how tired I felt till my eyes finally closed and everything went black.