Chapter Twenty

Today was the big day!!! I woke up and took a shower curling my hair into victory rolls at the top and just slight curls at the bottom. I did my makeup pretty fast a red lip and shiny gold eyeshadow with a little mascara. I was rushing to get everything ready and I almost forgot the biggest part Moms dress. "Darry is the cake in the car"! I yelled, me and Darry were the only two left in the house since Pony and Soda stayed at Steve's. "Ya I've got everything ready just grab the dress box"! He yelled from the front door. I dashed out the door grabbing my heels to put on in the car. "You look gorgeous". He said starting the car up. "Thanks Dar". I smiled. I set the box on my lap and we dashed off to the chapel. When we got there I bolted for the changing room sliding on my dress and shoes putting the silk gloves on last. my bouquet was on the table next to me, and the tiara with the veil connected was still in the box. "Darry"! Since he's the only one who's seen me in the dress I called for him to help me zip it up. "W-w-wow". He staggered. I could see tears in his eyes and it made me tear up to. He zipped me up and grabbed the tiara. He walked forward and slowly place it on my head pushing the veil behind my hair. He couldn't take it anymore and he broke down in tears. "Jesus-y-y/n I...I-ne...nev-ee th-thou-thought I'd be th-the one gig-giveing y-you away". He turned around wiping his eyes. I walked up behind him and hugged his back tightly, he patted my hand and pulled me out to the foyer. "Everybody's waiting". He smiled and wiped his eyes again. "Well, can't make em wait to long". I giggled and dabbed my eyes not messing up my makeup. He took my arm and we walked up to the door, we both let out a big breath as he pushed the door open. I locked eyes with Steve and his jaw almost dropped I could see him trying not to ball. I looked around there was more people than I thought would be here lots of kids from my school and family friends I haven't seen since our parents passed away. I was trying not to cry but it was hard. Darry and I finally made it up to the Altar and he unwrapped his arm from mine looking Steve in the eyes. "Don't mess this up". He said sternly then kissing me on the cheek and walking back to his seat. I stood in front of Steve holding back tears as he dabbed his eyes with his hand. The Minister went through his lines and finally came to the biggest question of my life. "Will you take his hand in marriage". I looked at Steve and smiled, "I do". A big weight felt like it was lifted off my chest. I placed the ring I picked out for him on his finger and then the minister asked Steve. "I-I do". He put the beautiful diamond ring on my finger and locked eyes with me. "You may now kiss the bride". He grabbed me so fast my head spun and dipped me over kissing me. I could hear everybody cheering and crying. Steve stood me up and he had red lipstick all over his mouth I couldn't help but giggle. He kissed me on the cheek and pulled me into his arms bridal style. I could see everybody now Soda Pony and Darry were balling, Two had a couple tears in his eyes and was clapping as hard as possible, Dally was balling but standing up straight as possible clapping and Johnny was crying next to Pony they all had matching suits and it was adorable everybody else was clapping and cheering as Steve walked down the aisle with me in his arms. I kissed him on the cheek leaving another lipstick stain and he giggled. I was on cloud nine, he walked me out to his car he rented, He drove us to the party venue.when we got there I changed into a little teacup white dress I had from a swing dance a month ago. "My bride". He said putting his hand out to walk me inside smiling. I took his hand "my groom". I said as I hopped out of the car. We walked through the door and everybody's head turned I could see Darry and Dally smiling out of the crowd. We walked in and everybody sat at their tables. "I'd like to make a toast". Darry said standing up. He raised his glass, "to long love and happy endings". He winked at me and smiled. We all took a drink and Pony gagged on the champagne which made me giggle. "S-sorry". He said wiping his toy he on his napkin. I just giggled and smiled at him. Everybody took turns getting up to get some food. Once everybody finished we cut the cake. "Think fast". I said pushing cake in his face. He laughed and grabbed a handful pushing it on to my face. I laughed so hard I almost fell over into the cake. He helped me wipe it off my face and I put a little on his nose with my finger. We cut pieces for everybody and handed them out before eating. "This is amazing". He said smiling and eating another bite. I smiled and ate a piece he wasn't wrong, it was really good cake. "Not as good as Darry's chocolate cake". I said laughing. "You got me there". He laughed. After finishing our cake we did the first dance and it was amazing, dancing with my love of my life is way more fun than I ever thought it would be. We laughed and smiled the entire time I even saw him let out a little tear. After the first dance everybody joined in to dance on the dance floor. The gang joined us and we all laughed and joked. I danced around with Pony and Johnny and had a drink with Two Soda Dallas and Darry. It really was an amazing night. And it only got better...