Chapter Twenty Five

He picked me up and carried me out to the car. I slid into the seat and buckled, Steve hesitantly got into the driver's seat and pulled out of the driveway. I noticed he was tense so I rested my head on his shoulder it seemed to loosen him up a little. We got to the street the house was on and I started to get tense. I was staring out the window and messing with my hair when Steve set a hand on my thigh. "It's ok I promise." He said patting my thigh, I put my hand on top of his and smiled at him. "Your right." I said with a weak smile. We pulled up to the house and I felt my legs get shaky. "Your right maybe we shouldn't do this." I said grabbing the door handle so tight my knuckles turned white. "Y/N relax...if they can't handle it, like you said it's their problem not ours." He hugged me and walked over to my side to open the door. He took my hand and helped me up the stairs I was still a little shaky. We made it to the door and I could hear everybody talking inside. "I-are you sure." I said looking at Steve. He gave a weak smile. "To late." He said with a hesitant giggle. "Y-y-ya your right." I said resting my head on the door. I knocked lightly but loud enough for someone inside to hear. The door opened and it was Darry. I gave a faint smile and Darry could tell something was wrong. "What happened did Steve h-." He stopped as Steve walked out behind me. "What happened." Darry said worriedly grabbing my shoulder. I looked up behind me to see Steve give a shy smile and a wink. "D-D-Darry there's something I need to tell you."