Chapter Twenty Nine

I woke up with Steve's arms wrapped around me
Mickey was on so I watched some of it before getting up to start breakfast. He was still out cold on the couch so I made some eggs and bacon and plated it with a hot cup of coffee then gently woke him up. We ate breakfast together then I went to go change into my uniform. After he got changed we hopped in the car and head over to my brothers' house. "Hey y/n." Darry said hugging me as I walked through the door. "Hey Superman." I said playfully punching his shoulder and he rolled his eyes with a smile. I sat next to Johnny and Pony on the couch and we watched the rest of that episode of Mickey that was on when I woke up. I got up to get some water and my stomach felt queasy. I caught my balance on the side of the couch and steadied myself. "You good." Pony said as I stood up. "Ya stood up too fast." I said laughing. I stopped to talk to Soda and Steve when I felt it again. I looked at Steve and ran to the restroom. It felt like I was in their forever but I could hear them talking. "This normal." Two said with a weird tone. "Ya it come with the pregnancy I'm used to it." I could hear Steve say he sounded calm. "Damn, I wouldn't be able to deal with that everyday." Steve said laughing. "Well when you love someone you sacrifice stuff." Steve said coming closer to the door. I stood up. "You ok in there hun." He said opening the door just a little. "Ya I'm-I'm fine." I said running up and hugging him. He rubbed my hair and wrapped his arm around me as we walked out to the living room. "You ok." Soda said rubbing my shoulder. "Ya, I'm just fine." I said smiling. "Don't sound like it." Two said laughing and turning around. "Will you can it two Jesus." Steve said staring him down. "It's ok hun." I said rubbing his chest. "C'mon let's get to work." I said pulling his hand towards the door. "You sure y/n." Soda said catching up with us. "I'm fine Soda seriously." I said smiling and walking out the front door. Steve followed after me and not long after Soda did too. " you ridin with us soda." Steve said sliding into the driver's seat while I opened the shotgun seat. He shrugged and hopped in the back. We laughed and joked the whole time till we arrived at the DX. It was a pretty easy day I worked the register for most of it but I helped Steve Hotwire one of the cars close to lunch time. Some of the girls weren't too happy that I was working the register since a new rule didn't allow them to go back to the garage so they actually bought something for once. After the work day ended we all got in the car to go back to my brothers' house. When we arrived it was an odd silence outside the house even though I could see shadows of everybody inside. Steve noticed it to so he came up to me protectively wrapping his arm around my waist holding me close. Soda trailed behind us I don't think he noticed anything. I went to the door and opened it slowly, then he turned to look at me. My legs felt shaky and my breath caught in my chest. I could feel Steve's arm pulling me closer and I felt like I was gonna pass out in Steve's arms.