Chapter 8

"Sarahhh... Sammyyy..."

A fit of hushed giggles and soft footsteps of tiny feets crossed the hallway towards the stairs in a dash, emma quickly ran towards the direction of the noise. And there she saw them the two siblings on the bottom step of the stairs, Sammy helping his sister up. The sight swelled her heart with warmth and pride, Sammy was always protective of Sarah.. though they fought a lot but that was the usual sibling bonding. That thought made Emma recall her own bond with her brother - Evan. Quickly Emma put those memories in the further most corner of her brain. Those days were long gone, she should now concentrate on the present which was to catch her naughty kids.

"Stop right there you two." Emma ordered hiding the smile on her lips expertly.

A squeak from Sarah could be heard as both Sammy and Sarah paused in their ways. Running away wasn't anymore a good option, mom was the worlds fastest runner. Their mom was the best in every thing, they believed it.

The twins turned around with faces that held all the sadness of the universe. 

With her arms folded Emma stood before them. One of her brows raised seeing their expression.

Before she could say anything, Sarah whined raising her little, round face to Emma. "I not want to eat that... that vesetable, mommy." Like a cherry on top Sarah then pouted her lips.

Sammy stood beside his sister with the same saddened look though he tried to hide it by trying to look a little firm. He was a tough guy even being a child, what would happen when he becomes a full grown man, Emma sometimes wondered that. He was quite a stubborn little guy too, always trying to come off as tough--like he was doing right now. Because Emma knew that Sammy hated vegetables even more than Sarah, and yet he refused to say it.

"But I wanted you both to get strong and healthy, I thought it's time to get you two to start school this year but...," Emma faked a long sad sigh, "But looks like I'll have to wait till next year seeing how weak and tiny you both are."

With another dramatic sigh she turned around to leave. She was sure this trick would work. And it did.

Sammy's eyes widened, he wanted to go to school, the boy from the house across the street with whom he used to play in evenings was two years older than him, he had been going to school since last year. And Sammy was continuously listening to all his stories about school, about all the fun and all.

Sammy wanted to go to school as soon as possible. Same was the case with Sarah.

"Mommy..."

Screaming desperately both of them ran to Emma suddenly finding this new interest in vegetables. Before Sarah could open her mouth, Sammy announced. "I never said mommy that I don't want to eat vesetables. I'll eat, mommy and I'll make sure Sarah eats too."

Sarah gasped looking at Sammy and stomped her little feet on the ground.

"Sammy! I can eat by myself, you no make sure anything."

Smiling secretly at Sarah's cute way of talking when she was excited. Emma cut in, "Okay, okay. Healthy foods waiting in the kitchen, lets go then."

They strolled into the kitchen then, the kids playfully glaring at each other while Emma shook her head as she once again smiled down at them for the cute little species they were.

-------------------------

-------------------------------

Brandan checked his worthy of a fortune wristwatch for the thousandth time since he had entered the stupid party, with his brows creased he looked up to see Martha still engrossed in the typical rubbish gossip with some women surrounding her. Shuffling on his feet Brandan loathed the moment when he gave into Martha's emotional blackmail to attend this wedding reception party.