7. Cold

"Set the timer," Will called. "Five minutes."

Since Ash didn't bring any shorts or a t-shirt, Will had to let Ash borrow one of his shirts. It was so big on him that it went down to his knees, and the shorts didn't even begin to fit. Tristan laughed and set a five minute timer on his phone, and Will and Ash headed outside.

Ash was immediately shivering. "H-holy shit," he gasped. "Why is it s-so cold?"

Will chuckled and wrapped Ash in a tight hug. "Body heat," he supplied when Ash tensed.

"R-right," Ash stammered. 

Will exhaled slowly, resting his chin on top of Ash's head. "...I missed you."

Ash laughed shakily. "You just saw me last week."

Will sighed. "Yeah, but...you know. That was a while ago. Thanks or the gift, by the way."

"Y-yeah," Ash mumbled, burying his face in Will's shirt. "No problem. God, how are you so warm?"

Will laughed. In truth, the cold air was biting into his arms and legs, but he was sheltering Ash from the worst of it. He just wished he could shelter Ash from the destruction of having his memory stolen and then finding out that he was as good as an orphan.

"What's it like?" Ash asked suddenly.

Will blinked. "What's what like?"

Ash exhaled. "To...to have me...not remember anything."

Will bit his lip. "It's...strange. Because...I remember everything, and sometimes I forget you don't, so it's..." He trailed off.

Ash hesitated. "...hard?" he finished quietly.

Will nodded. "Definitely that," he agreed. "But...it's sad, too. Because..." he hesitated, not wanting to overwhelm him, and then whispering, "I still love you. I never stopped."

Ash went still, then pushed away, looking down and shivering. "I...Will, I don't..." he swallowed, clearly struggling for words, and Will bit his lip.

"I know," Will said quietly. "I'm sorry. Forget I said anything, yeah?"

Ash sighed and nodded, and then Tristan pulled open the door. "Congratulations!" he crowed. "You made it five minutes without dying of hypothermia. You are now top-notch survivors."

Will blurted a little laugh, and even Ash cracked a smile.

"I feel so changed," Will teased. "Do I look stronger now?"

"Nah, just cold," Tristan said, stepping aside to let them pass. "I should probably get going soon anyway. This was fun, though. Merry Christmas."

- - - - - - - - - -

Here's a little fluff chapter to make up for the weeks and weeks I went without posting anything. :/ The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure the word count is longer than the last chapter XD

But yeah. I'm EXHAUSTED lately, guys. I can't think straight. (or at all--I can never think straight, haha)

Q: How old are you?

A: 13. I'm 14 on march 19 :>