nobody

Semi was dressed up in his suit and tie, ready to be auctioned off like a pawn. 

This is stupid.

Why is this even a thing? It's stupid. He thought with a pout. It was for a fundraiser though, so of course the volleyball club was asked to participate. Every club for that matter had to take part in the charity date auction to raise money for the school. 

We definitely have enough money for the school, this was just the student president's idea of trying to get more people to check out Shiratorizawa Academy.

Semi wasn't even that attractive, and he knew this auction was being held for two reasons. To try to buy Ushiwaka, and to draw more attention to the clubs.

Though the girls thought Tendou was a freak, Tendou was convinced that he would get a high bid.

Reon and the red haired boy were still adjusting their ties, Ushijima having to help Tendou with his. They were all hidden away on the left side of the school gym waiting for the swim club to finish up. 

"Haruka-kun, sold for 300,000 yen to Misaki-san!" The auctioneer announced, followed by both screams of delight and moans of disappointment. 

"That guy was always popular with the ladies wasn't he?" Semi turned to see Shirabu, who was staring at a less than happy Nanase-kun on stage, dressed up but his shirt left open. Presumably by the female student president. 

She wasn't into guys but knew it would add to how much money Haru racked up. Brushing him off, Semi nodded absently. 300,000 yen was a good amount of money. After all, most of the people who went to Shiratorizawa were rich.

He heard a clap behind them. "Ok guys, you're going on in 10 minutes ok? Do your best, maybe a pose or something to get the people fired up. Especially you Wakatoshi." The basketball club team captain said. He had been sold for 100,000 yen. Not as much as Nanase-kun, but a decent profit. The captains were going for a lot.

Shirabu left to go talk to Goshiki, who was weirdly into this idea. He had always been a weird one though. Semi approached the other third years.

"Heyy Semisemi!" Tendou said, shooting him finger guns. "I told you to stop calling me that Tendou." Semi nodded in his direction, deepening his ever-resting scowl slightly. "Eita, it says you're going last on this list," Ushijima said, pointing at a sheet of paper he was holding. 

"Where did you get that?" Semi asked and held out his hand. Wakatoshi handed the paper over. "I didn't get a copy of this.." He murmured. "Nobody other than the captains do. He just got it now though." Reon replied. 

Semi nodded, but he felt a little stupid for asking. It was just something he felt whenever making a stupid self-centered comment like that. 

The third years were last, in the order Reon, Ushijima, Tendou, Jin, then Semi. 

Goshiki was first overall. He would be happy about that and would definately try to amass the most money. Not even for the school, just to impress the third years. Especially Ushijima and Tendou. 

"Next up folks, the volleyball team!" The student president announced. Goshiki fixed up his tie and smoothed down his hair and pants one more time before walking up on stage, trying to force a natural smile.

He was received with a few claps and cheers as he walked to the middle of the stage. Then the bidding started. 

"Let's start the bidding at 10,000 yen!" The auctioneer pretty much screamed into her microphone. 

"15,000!" A girl cried almost immediately. Semi couldn't tell who it was from backstage, but Goshiki looked happy. 

"25,000!" Another yelled out. 

"30,000!"

"30,500!" A man this time.

"35,000!" Called the same girl who had bid the first time. Goshiki was smiling to the point where Semi thought he might leak tears. 

Nobody bid after that, hushed murmurs and whispers rippling through the audience.

"Sold to Yua-chan! Congratulations on buying yourself a date with Tsutomu-kun!"

Another ripple was sent through the crowd. Goshiki walked off stage looking pleased with himself. 

"Nice one Goshiki-kun!" Tendou said and gave him a hard slap on the back. Goshiki smiled and looked over to Ushiwaka longingly, who was staring out onto the stage where Akakura was being bid on. Reon elbowed him. 

"G-good work. You did well." Ushjimi said.

Goshiki was practically beaming. 

After that, the others were sold off.

Akakura for 30,000, Shibata for 25,000, nobody bid on Sagae, 40,0000 yen for a date with Shirabu, Kawanishi was worth 35,000, and Yunohama went off with 25,000

Finally, it was the third years turn.

First up was Reon, who waved shyly to the crowd when called up. People had always loved Reons for his bubbly happy personality compared to the other third years, so he racked up 50,000. The others congratulated him for the highest amount raised yet. Then went Wakatoshi.

Everybody went wild. The bids came in like crazy, so fast that people started bidding more just to make him more expensive for the others. The auctioneer ended up putting in a rule where what you bid you had to pay, although Semi was fairly certain that wasn't legal. The bids came in still, but not nearly as much. In the end, Ushijimi was out for 250,000 yen. But in total, he raised around 600k. 

Goshiki was completely in awe of the situation and congratulated Wakatoshi extra when he stepped behind the stage sides.

Next out went Tendou, who was smiling and waving to everyone. 

"You know him as the guess monster, but here is, Miracle Boy Satori!"

This entrance definitely got Tendou more hyped than needed.

Nobody really went crazy, but in the end he went for around 70k. Semi's best guess was Tendou's date was hoping Wakatoshi and Tendou would go together.

Like a double date.

Jin went out for only 35,000 yen, and finally it was his turn. Semi walked out onto the stage and gave a little wave to the crowd. He didn't smile or smooth down is hair like he always did. 

"Ladies and gents, Semi Eita!" 

He gave a quick nod towards the crowd. They were so quiet, their mouths just hanging slightly open for now. It was a little scary. 

He felt the auctioneer elbow him a little. "Do something." She whispered. 

"Like what??" Semi whispered back. 

"Anything." She hissed.

U-uhm...

He winked and gave a soft smile. "15,000!" A girl finally shouted.

Both of them let out an exhale. 

"20,000!" Another yelled out and raised her hand. 

All seemed to be going well.

"100,000."

Everyone, including Semi, turned towards a mousey looking girl in the back, her hand being held by a friend.

A few seconds passed before the auctioneer continued. 

"Well w-wow an intersting turn of events. I hear 100k once, twice..."

Nobody stirred. 

"And sold to... I'm sorry I don't know your name, number 176!"

Semi peered into the crowd, trying to get a closer look at whoever had bid 100k on him.

He walked off the stage, loosening his tie and unable to steal another glance at her.

I thought nobody would bid over 40,000 yen...

But you did. Who are you?