Chapter 7(Part 1 - The US, 2050)

Finally, after what feels like an eternity, the car pulls to a stop. The three men hop out and open the trunk. They grab us and start hauling us out of the car. As soon as I am out and on my feet, I look around trying to figure out where I am. The terrain around me is completely unfamiliar although the grass looks a little greener than where I came from leaving me to believe that I am not in a city. Directly in front of me lies a massive brick building. The building is covered in moss and looks almost as if it hasn't been used in years. The men start dragging us up the stairs into the building. The inside of the building is completely bare, and I start to think that the men might be working alone and might not be as bad as they seem until we reach a large door covered in a red, sticky substance. They push through the door and into a narrow hallway. At the end of the hallway lies another door. When we reach the door, Logan presses one of the buttons, and I start to hear a loud rattling noise. The door slides open, and we get shoved inside. Suddenly, we start falling down. I realize that we are inside an elevator, a very old elevator. The cables creak as we descend further down.

As the elevator comes to a stop, the door slides open, and the men push us out. We are brought down a hallway and shoved through a door at the end. Past the door are men wearing lab coats running all over the place. There are computer screens and papers everywhere. Everything seems to be in chaos, and it seems as if no one notices our entrance.

"We found three!" Logan yells through the chaos. Immediately everyone stops what they're doing, and they all look up at us as if only now noticing our entrance.

"Thank god. I was starting to think you were never going to show up," A man in a lab coat exclaims coming forward. "Bring them with me." We follow the man through the room as everyone stares at us. We finally reach a metal door and are thrown inside. Logan follows us into the room and straps each of us into a chair. The room is brightly lit with only the three chairs that we are restrained to inside. As soon as we are all tied down, Logan leaves, and I hear the click of the door locking indicating that we are now trapped in this room.

"What are they going to do to us?" Robbie asks.

"I don't know, but we need to find a way out!" I shout looking around me for a possible exit.

"Alex, there is no way out," Brooke says.

"No, there has to be," I reply, almost hysterical.

"Alex, stop looking around. There's nothing we can do, we're tied down to these chairs." Robbie says trying to calm me down.

"How can you guys be so calm? We have no idea what they're going to do to us. We should have tried to escape before they brought us here."

"There was nothing we could have done. They had guns." Robbie says. "Now let's just stay calm maybe what they're planning on doing isn't as bad as we think."

"Are you serious? They strapped us down to chairs inside a room filled with lights. Did you see them outside, they're all wearing lab coats. It seems like we're about to become a science experiment. They're going to torture us," I say starting to freak out even more as all the possible things they might do to us run through my mind.

"Alex, you're starting to freak me out," Brooke says.

"Good, you should be scared. Now let's try to find a plan," I say, but before I can think of anything the lights start to flicker and a voice appears over the intercom.

"Good evening. I'm sure you guys are wondering what you're doing here, and soon you will find out, but for now I need you all to be quiet and sit still. We are on a strict time schedule." The speaker silences the intercom, and then we hear a click coming from the door. A different man, not one I recognize, walks through the door carrying three bags. He gives each of us a bag, placing them on our laps. I try to ask him questions about what is going to happen to us, but he barely seems to acknowledge that we are here, and he quickly leaves the room.

"All right, it is time." The voice says over the intercom. "You have nothing to be scared of." The lights start becoming brighter, so bright that I can no longer see anything in the room. All I see is a white burning so bright that I can see it through my closed eyes.

"Three," the voice begins. "Two." I am freaking out even more. The brightness of the lights seems to be increasing even more. I can't see anything except for the giant white blob clouding my vision. My hands have started shaking with fear. Next to me, I hear Brooke breathing heavily. I try to say something but am unable to produce any words. "One!" The man finally finishes and suddenly the light disappears, and all I see is darkness.