Introductions

As we pull up to the house, I look out at the house and am reminded of some pictures my history teacher showed us portraying some of those old traditional Japanese houses with the walkways that wrap around the entire house. Standing at what I presume is the front door was a large red-headed man with an odd looking beard and mustache. 

         "Is that fire? Seriously? The dude's mustache and beard are made of fire," Nico shakes his head.

         "Sounds like something Leo would do, although I've got a feeling this guy's not doing it to be funny," I say, half-disheartened and half wary. Will smiles sadly for a few seconds before the car stops and we get herded out onto the driveway. I've slung the duffel bag over my head again so that it rests diagonally against my back and I hold the strap firmly against my chest with my left hand. We can't afford to lose what's in this bag . Aizawa looks at me curiously before turning to Fire Beard Man.

         "We've brought the boys Endeavor."

         "Remind me again why have to watch them?"

         "You're the only one with enough protective power and enough living space."

          "Hmph. What'd you say their quirks were again?"

          "Will can heal injuries by singing a hymn in Ancient Greek, Percy can control water, and Nico can control darkness and the dead."

           "That last one's quirk sounds more like a villan's quirk than a hero's quirk. You sure he's trustworthy?"

            Nico glared at him. "You got a problem with me mister?" Will places a hand on his shoulder, warning clear in his eyes. Nico huffs, but says no more. Endeavor gives Nico a disapproving glare before turning back to Detective Tsukauchi and Mr. Aizawa. 

           "Very well, I'll watch them. You three may as well come inside." He says to us, turning around and heading inside. The detective and Aizawa say good bye and leave, the squad car quickly disappearing around a corner.

            "Hurry up!" We hear Endeavor yell at us from inside the house. We enter and take off our shoes as instructed, leaving them in a small area half-filled with Endeavor and his family's shoes. We then proceed to follow him through several hallways out to an interior courtyard with a huge cherry blossom tree at the center and a small pond off to one side. Standing on the grass was a boy around Will and Nico's age with one side of his short hair colored white and the other a dark red. He appeared to be in the middle of training, coming to a stop when he sees us. He looks at the three of us warily, watching as we follow the adults along another walkway that ringed the entire courtyard. Endeavor suddenly comes to a halt and the rest of us follow suite, trying not to crash into each other.

            "You three will share this room here," he says pointing at the sliding screen door he had stopped next to. "If you need anything, just ask Fuyumi or Shoto over there." He points over at the boy who was still eyeing us with suspicion as well as confusion now. With that he walked off, leaving us standing there. After a few awkward seconds, Will opens the screen door and enters the room, me and Nico quickly following in after him. I shut the sliding door and set down the duffel bag. The room was small and essentially bare except for a pile of pillows and blankets shoved into one corner of the room.

           "Well gee, no need to go all out with the room service," Nico commented, his voice heavy with sarcasm. I sigh. "At least it's something. Let's just unpack and get settled." We pick up the blankets and pillows and set them up on one side of the room. Once finished I fish out all our stuff from the duffel bag and we claim what's ours, leaving the drachmas and nectar bottles in the bag.