Sports Festival Part 1

I sit on the railing of an old sunken ship, watching schools of fish swirl around.  A pod of dolphins circles me, wanting to play. I smile, stroking one of them as it passes close to me. 

          "Sorry little ones, I don't really feel like playing right now."

          They squeak in disappointment and nuzzle me before swimming off, letting me return to my thoughts.

           A month. A whole freaking month. We'd searched for more clues, keeping up with the latest incidents on the news and visiting crime scenes. Nothing. We didn't get anymore dream visits by our 'kidnapper' either. I absentmindedly glance down at my watch and almost do a double-take. 

           "Schist! I'm gonna be late!" I propel myself to the surface close to the beach and run through the surf onto the sand, snagging my backpack and taking the stairs leading up to the street two at a time. I sprint down the sidewalk muttering curses in Greek under my breath. I just had to be late today of all days. The Fates obviously don't like me much. I weave expertly through crowds, getting exclamations of shock and annoyance as I whiz by, making my way towards a now very familiar building. I race through the front entrance, taking to the stairs, and once again, going up them two at a time.  I come out onto the third floor and skid slightly before gaining traction and bookin' it down the hall. I finally see the familiar door and lunge through it, pulling a perfect somersault and coming to my feet just as the bell rings.

            "WOAH! Glad you could make it little listener! Grab a seat and we'll get started."

            I walk over to my desk and collapse in my chair, tuning out the teacher's explanation of today's event rules as I work to even out my breathing and calm my rapidly beating heart. Will, Izuku, and Nico turn to face me. 

           "Are you okay Percy?" Izuku asks, his eyes filled with concern. I give him my signature lop-sided grin.

           "I'm alright Izuku. Just a bit out of breath."

           "What took you so long? You should've been here 15 minutes ago," Nico accuses, his brow furrowed in exasperation. 

           "Lost track of time. Sorry." 

           "How far were you? You didn't really say where you went in your note this morning." Will looks at me expectantly. I sigh.

           "I was down at Takoba Municiple Beach. I didn't realize how much time had passed until about five or six minutes ago."

            Izuku stares at me, wide-eyed. "B-b-but, that's halfway across town! How'd you get here so fast?!"

            I grin. "Adrenaline, with a little bit of maneuverability expertise."

           Izuku gapes at me while Nico and Will shake their heads. 

           "Boys, pay attention please. We're about to head out to the stadium. Everyone go change into your gym uniforms and head out to the buses," Aizawa calls over the chatter. When did he get here?  We all make our way to the locker room, some of the others praising me for my perfectly executed somersault. Everyone chatted animatedly on the buses as we made our way to the stadium. Upon arrival, each class was lead to a different entrance leading into the center area of the stadium. Each class was introduced and the class representative who had apparently gotten the highest score on the entrance exam was called up to give a speech. I look up at the podium and see Katsuki walking up to the mic. Not overly surprising. Despite his rough personality, he has proven himself to be quite intelligent on multiple occasions.  I sway side to side slightly as everyone waits for him to start.