Exam Day

My feeling that these last three days were gonna be long was surprisingly wrong. We spent most of each day preparing for the of the exam, honing our skills and learning more about this society we appeared in. Will worked to increase his archery skills since his main thing had always been healing and not fighting. I helped Nico work on his sword skills so he wouldn't rely so much on his powers, sharpening my own skills in the process. Shoto would train with us sometimes, but stayed out of our way for the most part, still uncomfortable with our presence. Fuyumi however seemed to like us and educated us about this world's rules and norms, helping us better understand this strange place. The first night of our stay was a little rough due to Nico having a typical demigod nightmare and waking everyone with his screams. 

          "Come on guys, grab everything you need and head out to the car. You don't want to be late," Fuyumi calls, pulling me out of my thoughts. Right, that exam is today . I yawn and double-check my wrist to make sure I'm wearing my watch, smiling sadly as the thought of Tyson's smiling face comes to the forefront of my mind. Hope you and Annabeth are doin 'okay buddy

          We all pile into Endeavor's car with me getting dibs on shotgun. Fuyumi and Natsuo wave goodbye from the front door as we pull out of the driveway, heading into the heart of the city. I absent-mindedly pick a piece of fuzz off of my light blue tee, mentally thanking Fuyumi for taking us shopping for regular clothes yesterday. Once we arrive at UA, which was hosting the exam, Endeavor drops the four of us of at the front entrance and drives off, heading for some meeting he got summoned to.   

        "Well, you guys ready?" I look at the others.

        "Let's just get this over with," Nico huffs, walking up the steps. Once inside, all of us except for Shoto were directed to different classrooms to take the written exam. Shoto had apparently gotten a recommendation letter and would be taking a slightly different test. As I sit at my small assigned desk trying desperately to see the questions through my stupid dyslexia, my mind wanders towards thoughts of home. I miss you, my Wise Girl. Even though I know you'll probably kick my ass for disappearing again. Stay strong, I will find a way back home to you and everyone else. No matter what.. I rub my eyes and slowly make my way through the questions, finishing, as expected, last. After turning in my paper I make my way to the auditorium, running into Will and Nico on the way there.

         "How'd you guys do?"

         "Ugh, I feel like my head's gonna split in two. Damn dyslexia." Nico rubs his head, scowling. 

          "Come on, we'd better get to the auditorium quick if we want to get seats next to each other," Will takes Nico's hand, pulling him along a little faster. Nico goes red, but doesn't protest. I smirk behind their backs as we enter the noisy room. It wasn't loud per say, but rather full with the thrum of low chatter. We manage to find a row of empty seats and waste no time in claiming them. Once the chatter died down, A blonde dude with what looked like a speaker around his neck and hair that appeared to defy gravity and started yelling. Loudly

           "Hey hey hey! Welcome to today's live performance! Come on and say HEY!"

           "Hey!" I yell, pumping my fist in the air. Despite no one else having joined in, I put my arm down with a satisfied grin.

            "Alright! I like you!" He points at me with a grin. "Moving on, I'm Present Mic and I'll be explaining the rules of your practical test !! Get ready! YEAH !! Here's how things are gonna go down! You'll be fighting three types of faux villains in ten minute mock battles set in specially made model cities! Points will be awarded based on the difficulty level of the faux villains you take down! You can also bring along whatever gear you want! And of course attacking other examinees is a big no-no and will get you disqualified! "