Sports Festival Part 4

Reminder: If dialogue is written like this, "blah blah blah", then it's them speaking in Ancient Greek.

Nico's P.O.V.

It's a shame I have to go up against Fumikage, but I knew it couldn't be avoided. We face off and begin, charging each other. I summon a few skeletons and have them distract him while I slip behind Fumi and place my hand on Dark Shadow, bending the creature to my will and forcing it to retract, leaving Fumi essentially defenseless. We engage in a brief fist fight until I manage to push him over the boundary line, ending the match. I pant a bit from the effort it took to bend Dark Shadow to my will and walk back to the bleachers with Fumi, conversing lightly along the way. When we finally settle in our seats next to Percy, Will and Bakugo's battle was already underway. Will was holding his for now thanks to the extra training he'd been doing over the past month, but I knew he would probably lose this match simply because he didn't really get out onto the battlefield as much as most of the other campers. He was the one who usually stayed at the back, tending to the injured. I sit there and watch as Bakugo endlessly batters Will with explosive attacks. Will dodges them all at first, getting in a few good shots with his bow in the process. However, I can see him getting more and more worn out as the fight drags on. Finally, Bakugo gives him an explosive punch to the gut and Will stays down. The crowd cheers as Will is lifted onto a stretcher and taken to the nurse's station. Fumi senses my worry and stands up.

"Come on, let's go see him," He says, holding out a hand to me. I gratefully take it. 

"Thanks Fumi."

He nods and we head down to the field level where the nurse's station is located.

Percy's P.O.V.

I walk up to the platform with Shoto and take my place on one side of the arena. We'd sparred a few times back at the house and each had our fare share of wins. Considering how much of his power I heard he'd used in his fight against Izuku, I had a feeling that I had a pretty good chance of winning this round. Don't let your guard down just because you have a possible advantage Percy. A person is usually at their most dangerous when they're backed into a corner.

The starting signal blares and we begin. Shoto shoots waves of ice at me and I dodge, jumping over the cold crystals while pulling up water from the underground river beneath the stadium and creating a pressured spot angled at Shoto. I let the pressure continue to build while I dodge more of Shoto's attacks. When the pressure reaches the point I want it to, I push the water through the concrete platform and blast Shoto with my geyser. He does his best to block the water by creating a thick wall of ice, but only succeeds in giving himself no way out. The water blast pushes the ice wall back, which in turn pushes Shoto over the boundary line. The crowd cheers become deafening to the point where I rub my ear to try and lessen the booming sound.

Shoto melts his ice and shakes my hand. "I'll get you on our next sparring match." He smiles.

"I look forward to the challenge," I reply, grinning. We make our way back to where everyone else is seated and watch the battle between Nico and Bakugo. Nico was currently evading Bakugo's attacks and tripping up the loud, spiky-haired boy. I glance towards the edge of the field and see shadows start moving their way out onto the field, writhing and swirling as they draw closer to the two boys. Bakugo takes notice of the encroaching shadows and tries to take out Nico before they could get any closer, but to no avail. Nico draws the shadows around him in a spherical shield and then transforms them into sharp spikes that he uses to pin Bakugo to the ground, making sure to pin his hands palm up. The boy writhes, trying to break free, but only succeeds in getting shadowy cuffs clamped over his ankles, legs, wrists, arms, torso, and head. The referee declares Nico the winner as Bakugo can't move anymore. Nico releases the shadows and immediately collapses. Will, who had just walked out of the nurse's station sees this and races over the field to his unconscious boyfriend, waving off the paramedics and sweeping the pale boy into his arms bridal-style, walking swiftly back towards the nurse's station. Bakugo just stands there and watches as his defeater is carried off. I grab Will's bag that he'd left up here in the bleachers with me and race down to the station. When I get there, the paramedics and Recovery Girl are arguing with Will about dealing with Nico's condition.