USJ Part 2

"You shouldn't turn your back on your opponent."

          Now royally pissed off, I grab his wrist as he tries to hit me in the back and judo flip him over my head, slamming him into the ground. I turn to the bird creature and begin to pull water towards me. I quickly glance to see Will carrying Nico bridal-style off to the side, the pale boy laying limp in his arms. 

          Turning my attention back to the monster, I start making the water swirl around me, faster and faster, until I was standing in the eye of a mini hurricane. I walk close enough for the creature to get swept up in the strong currents, its body tossing and turning as it's pulled along, gaining speed as I increase the intensity and pressure of the miniature storm. While the monster zooms in circles around me, I pull even more water to me and morph them into sharp spikes, using what I learned from camp's javelin-throwing class to impale the creature over and over. 

           After a few minutes, my stamina gives out and my storm dissipates, dropping the monster to the ground. The creature had about twenty large holes all over its body. Just to make sure it didn't regenerate or anything, I quickly walk over to it and slice off its head, kicking the disgusting thing a few feet away from the battered body.

          As I catch my breath and calm down, I become aware that the villains had disappeared and that several pro heroes, including All Might, had arrived and were staring, at me. Will and the now awake Nico walked over to me. will pulled out half of a square of ambrosia and handed it to me, his eyes conveying a silent message. Thank you. I nod and shove the piece in my mouth, relishing the taste of my mom's blue cookies. Izuku and Ochako run over to us.

          "That was amazing Percy! Also, what was that thing you just ate?" Ochako looks at me with curiosity. Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck, how do I explain this?!

          "It's a special healing supplement. Helps replenish energy and relieve pain," Will interjects, his face a mask of calm. 

          "Oh cool! Maybe you could give some to Aizawa sensei," Ochako says, looking over at the  teacher who was being taken outside to an ambulance. Will shakes his head.

          "I only brought two squares, both of which have been eaten by these two," He points at us. 

          "Oh, sorry."

          "It's alright."

          "Hey why don't you guys go see how the others are," I say, motioning over to where our classmates were chattering amongst themselves. Izuku looks at me, confused.

          "You're not gonna come with us?"

          I smile. "We'll be right behind you." He nods uncertainly, but leaves with Ochako nonetheless.

         "Nice save dude, that got a little to close for comfort. I was afraid we were gonna have to explain why they can't eat ambrosia," I mutter in Ancient Greek, glancing at Will as the three of us walk slowly after Izuku and Ochako. 

         "I just said what came to mind first. I'm just glad they bought it," He muttered back. 

         "Self-combustion aside, you guys saw that villain's portals didn't you?" Nico cuts in. I nod.

         "They did look really similar, but his portals didn't have those black tendrils that the one we went through had. Plus the energy from the villain's portals didn't feel the same as the energy of the one we went through. The portal we went through felt a lot more foreboding and menacing."

          "Hmm, so much for that lead then." 

          "Let's not give up on it just yet. It might help lead us to the true culprit behind all this," Will interjects. We nod in agreement, ending our conversation as we come into earshot of our classmates. we coverse with our friends for a few minutes until All Might and a few other pro heroes walk up to us. 

          "WELL DONE MR. JACKSON! AN EXCELLENT BATTLE. YOU SHALL MAKE A FINE HERO ONE DAY," All Might claps me on the back, causing me to stumble a bit.

          "Thanks, I guess." I've already done plenty of hero stuff. I just want to go home and enjoy some peace and quiet while I go through college with Annabeth in New Rome

          After everyone was accounted for, we all head outside to the buses, seeing the regenerated bird creature I found out to be called a Nomu getting led into the back of a large truck, its body bound tightly by restraints. Huh, it re-grew its head. I wonder if it's part hydra?...

          The ride back to school was fairly uneventful, save for some press members trying to get the scoop on the attack.  As we're walking home, a cool breeze in the air, Shoto suddenly stops. The three of us stop as well and turn around, confused.

          "You okay man?" I ask uncertainly. He looks at each of us in turn, scrutinizing me the longest.

          "I don't know who you guys are, but I accept that you're not bad people. I'm sorry for being so standoffish these past two weeks. Can we start over?"

          I crack my famous lop-sided grin. "Thought you'd never ask." I hook my arm over his shoulders. He gives me a tentative smile that becomes stronger as we all chatter away, laughing with me when Nico and Will start bantering again. 

         "How long have those two been together?" He asks me between fits of laughter. I ponder it for a minute.

         "I think maybe a month? You wouldn't think it to be so short from how they act around each other, but yeah. It's nice seeing Nico at ease like this."

         "Is he not usually like this?"

         "He didn't used to be. He went through some really bad stuff over the last few years and had become really closed off. He didn't start really opening up until the last few weeks of this past summer."

          "Wow, I didn't know.."

          "It's alright. What's important is that he's better and that he knows he's wanted."

          Shoto looks over at the boy who's face was red as a beet, but smiling. I see a newfound respect bloom inside his brown and blue eyes and smile to myself.  I'm glad we were able to get past Shoto's skepticism. It's nice to know that living under the same roof isn't going to be  awkward anymore. Plus we've got ourselves another potential ally now.  Now we just have to figure out how to explain our situation and find the jerk to brought us here... 

           "-re you okay Percy?" Shoto looks at me with concern. I shake my head, smiling.

           "Just lost in thought."

           He nods and we join Nico and Will's conversation regarding what we think Fuyumi's gonna make for dinner, walking into the now familiar house and greeting the two older Todoroki siblings. As we're sitting down to dinner, I'm suddenly reminded of home and eating under the stars with everyone before making our way to the amphitheatre for the campfire and sing-a-longs led by the Apollo cabin. I smile at the memory, but decide to focus on what was in front of me. Pining over home isn't going to get me there any faster. Besides, It's not like this world is terrible. We can at least enjoy our experiences here while we search for a way home..

          Hope ya'll enjoy USJ Part 2! 

         Peace out - DnDArchitect