Villain Encounter

Image above and all borrowed Persassy quotes belong to rightful owners (definitely not me)

          "Sigh, we've been here for two weeks now and have still made no progress towards finding a way home." I plop down on my blanket, staring up at our wooden ceiling. Will looks over the top of his textbook at me.

         "I know you miss the others and so do I, but there's not much we can do. We still don't know who or what brought us here or why they did." 

         "Yeah, I know. I just wish we had a bit more to go on than some creepy portal-thing and whatever screeched when I severed those inky tendrils."

          "Hm, well if we're gonna discuss our situation, I think it would be best to discuss it somewhere where the walls don't have ears, ability to speak in a language they can't understand aside." Nico tilts his head towards the door that opens out into the hallway. I focus and sense a presence outside it. Strangely, the presence feels larger than Shoto's and much more.. grumpy. Huh, didn't take Endeavor for the eavesdropping type. That's a first

          "While you have a good point, where'd we go?" Will asks, setting down his book. I frown, pondering for a moment before recalling something Izuku told us yesterday at lunch.

         "Hey, what about that beach Izuku told us about yesterday? You know, the one he cleared of debris as part of his training? He said that it's still a pretty secluded area, even though all the trash is gone."

         Nico shakes his head. "Leave it to you to come up with a place near the ocean."

         "I don't see you offering up any possible locations Death Boy," I say, raising an eyebrow at him. He rolls his eyes. 

         "Fine, whatever. Beach it is."

         "We should go check the place out, if only to see how far from the house it is," Will says, standing up. I grin, joining him. 

         "Sounds fun. Plus we'll get to see more of the city."

         Nico sighs and stands up. "Fine, let's go. This house is really boring anyway." 

         We say bye to Fuyumi on our way out, telling her we were gonna go explore the city and beachfront. She gives us some money to buy ourselves snacks and tells us to be back before dinner. We make our way towards the beach, occasionally asking for directions. As we're walking down a street lined with bakeries and fast-food joints, debating what we want to eat, we suddenly hear screaming and look back to see a bunch of people running from this guy that looked like a snake who was spraying venom at people and making a hissing sound that sounded an awful lot like laughter. I glance at the others, a look of understanding passing between us.  I pull out Riptide and charge forward with Nico while Will hangs back a bit, his bow ready. I call up some water from a nearby sewer and create a wall between the four of us and the fleeing civilians. 

         "You'll pay for ruining my fun you little punks," Snake Man hisses.

         "Yeah, good luck with that dude," I deadpanned. I distract him by slashing at him with Riptide while Nico calls up a few skeletons and makes them surround Snake Man. Snake Man shoots venom at one, causing it to disintegrate, and breaks free, charging towards Nico. I take down the wall of water and try to converge it around Snake Man, but he dodges, spraying venom at Nico. Nico ducks out of the way and an explosive arrow form Will strikes Snake Man in the face. Snake Man hisses at Will, but decides to charge at me.

          "You've got some skill little dudes, but playtime's over." He bares his fangs at me.

          "You're right, it is time to stop messing around," I smirk, pulling a wave of water down on top of him. The wave of water carries him into a wall and knocks him out. As Nico uses the remaining skeleton bones to create a cage around the passed out villain, I see several pro heroes, including Endeavor, come running up to the scene.

         "You boys alright?" one of them asks. We nod, me and Will putting our weapons away. 

         "Thanks for your help kids but next time, leave it to the professionals, ok?" The one female pro hero in the group asks, her voice laced with concern. Endeavor just gives us this look that's  half intrigued and half calculating, like he was planning something. I don't think I like that look.

          Nico snorts at the lady pro hero's words, rolling his eyes. I look to the left to see Snake Man awake and being herded towards a squad car. He sees me watching him and hisses at me.

          "Just know kid that I was merely toying with you and your little friends. I could have killed you if I really felt like it."

          I give him a thoroughly unimpressed look. "So could another human. So could a dog. So could a dedicated duck. You're not special dude." I roll my eyes as he starts yelling at me, getting told to be quiet by the cops as he's pushed into the squad car and taken to jail. I turn back towards the others to see Will and Nico shaking their heads and one of the pro heroes trying to stifle a smile. We say bye to the pro heroes and grab some lunch before finally arriving at the beach. We head down the stairs leading from the street to the sand and walk out onto this concrete walkway that extends out over the water and ends at a gazebo. We sit down under the gazebo's roof and look out over the water, me with my legs dangling in the water of course. I breathe in deeply as the cool water soothes and replenishes me. Ahh that feels good.

         "Well, what do you guys think?" I look at the others. Will looks back at the beach, then at the gazebo surrounding us and nods.

         "I've got no problems with it. It really is nice and quiet here, kinda like the beach back home."

         "I bet the Hephaestus kids would've loved all the open space to set off their 4th of July fireworks,"I chuckle. We all go quiet for a minute as we reminisce about home and all our friends. With a surge of determination, I stand up and clench one of my hands in a fist, pointing it out at the ocean. 

          "No matter how long it takes or what obstacles we face, I know that we will find a way back home, no matter what." I grin at the others and get some determined smiles in return. Just wait Annabeth, I will come back to you and all our friends...