3. NCT Dream 00' Line - We Won't Tell a Soul

Ship: NCT Dream 00' Line x Female Reader

Warning: Mild profanity

To have yanderes for best friends was already bad. But to be a mermaid with those yandere best friends was absolutely hell.

Your mother was a mermaid while your father was a human and somehow, they created you. Nobody but you and your parents knew about your mermaid heritage. That was until you and your best friends, Renjun, Jeno, Haechan, and Jaemin, decided to visit the beach on a warm summer night. It was only you and your best friends there.

Long story short, you always avoided getting wet in front of anyone that wasn't your parents for the sole fact that whenever you got wet, you'd grow a tail after exactly a minute. The boys assumed you had a fear of water or any type of liquid touching your skin and they respected the self-proclaimed fear.

But on that particular night, the boys decided to scare you by swimming in the water and making you think they drowned. Of course, it worked but the plan backfired and they really couldn't get out of the water. It was night and nobody else was around. You knew the boys could swim but it was a full moon and the waves were strong.

You, fearing for your friends' lives, hopped right into the water and managed to save them all. It only took 30 seconds since you're a pro-swimmer with and without your tail, plus you can see in the dark sea. Once you got everyone to shore, you scolded at them.

   "What the heck is wrong with y'all?" You asked, your body dripping with water.

   "Jeez, Y/N. We're fine,. But thanks for saving us even though you fear water" Jaemin said and grinned.

   "Who knew you could swim so flawlessly?" Jeno asked.

You couldn't help but smile back but realized you had ten seconds before your tail would appear. You had no time to dry off considering you were drenched so without a second thought, you ran back into the sea and dived right underwater.

   "Y/N!" Renjun yelled after you but you ignored him.

Haechan took it upon himself to actually run after you since he thought you were gonna hurt yourself. He dived in the same spot where you dived and once he opened his eyes, and ignored the stinging sensation, he couldn't believe what he saw.

The moonlight was shining on your rainbow-colored tail and once you turned around and saw Haechan, your immediate reaction was to take off. As you quickly swam away from Haechan, being a lot faster than any human, you decided to just stay in the ocean overnight. But you knew once you got back to land in the morning, you'd have to explain yourself.

Once morning came and the sun was blaring over the ocean water, you knew it was time to go back on land and go home. You swam to the surface of the ocean and closer to the beach, thankful that nobody was there, not even your friends. You dragged yourself on shore and dried yourself off, using your magical abilities.

Once you were dry, your legs (and clothes) reappeared and you stood up. You quickly ran to your house and ran right to the indoor pool room. You saw your mother's rainbow-colored tail in the pool and called for her.

   "Yes, sweetie?" She said as she came to the surface of the pool and looked at you. "You didn't return last night so I thought you stayed over one of your friends' houses."

You quickly explained the situation and once you were done, the doorbell rang. Your mother hopped out of the pool and dried off immediately. Once her legs appeared, she walked over to you and said, "Just explain the situation to them and hope that they keep their mouths shut."

And at that, she went to answer the door, you following behind her. When she opened it, your eyes popped out of their sockets when you saw Renjun, Jeno, Haechan, and Jaemin all standing there with worried faces. Your mom looked at you and said, "Explain to them."

You sighed said to your friends, "Let's go to the pool."

When everyone, excluding your mother, gathered in the pool room, you were bombarded with questions.

   "Y/N, what the hell did I see last night?" Haechan asked.

   "Yeah, Haechan was saying that you had a tail," Renjun added.

   "And why didn't you come back out of the water?" Jaemin pitched in.

   "Yeah, Haechan said that you swam off," Jeno said.

   "Alright, calm down. I'm gonna simply put it like this. I'm a mermaid," you said. "And whenever I get wet, I grow a tail after a minute. Hence why I always avoid getting wet."

The boys looked at you with judging eyes and you rolled your eyes. With no other way convince them, you hopped right into the pool and stayed underwater for a minute. The pool began to bubble and once it was done, the boys could see your rainbow-colored tail.

   "What the hell-," Renjun said as you swam to the surface and looked up at your friends.

   "See?" You asked. "Please don't tell anyone," you pleaded.

Instead of being in fear, your friends all smirked. You cocked your head to the side in confusion.

Jeno crouched down and lightly grabbed your chin.

   "Don't worry, Y/N," he began. "We won't tell a soul~"