4. X1/H&D Dohyon - Polar Opposites

Ship: Dohyon x Female Reader

Warning: none.

If you were the sun, Dohyon was the moon. If you were ice, Dohyon was fire. If you were the ocean, Dohyon was the sky. That's how it has always been.

Both you and Dohyon known each other since childhood, you're older than him by a few months. You were born in spring, he was born in autumn.

The two of you are the best of friends, always sticking by each others' sides. The two of you brought one another a different perspective of the world. If you thought that everyone deserved a second chance and Dohyon didn't, you'd explain to him why you think what you do and he'll do the same. Never have your two opinions and outlooks of the world gotten you both in a fight with one another.

Today was a hot summer day and you managed to convince Dohyon to come to a cat cafe with you after he and his Hangyul-hyung finished their schedule. You were already waiting outside of the cat cafe you told Dohyon that you would be at. It was 12 P.M. and Dohyon was a half an hour late.

You huffed as you looked at the time and immediately put your phone in your pocket. Once again, you were on time while Dohyon was late. You were about to ditch Dohyon and go right inside the cafe until you heard his familiar high-pitched scream.

   "Y/N! Wait!" He yelled as he ran up to you and hugged your body.

   "Oh my gosh, Dohyon, why are you so late?!" You asked as you shoved his tall body off of you and glared at him.

Dohyon looked down at you and cracked a smile at your height difference. Dohyon was 5'11 while you were 5'4''. He couldn't take your glare seriously since he thought you were so cute.

   "Hangyul-hyung was holding me up!" He said back, offended at your loud tone. "I'm sorry, Y/N," he said and pouted, making your anger disappear immediately.

   "It's fine, I should be used to it," you said as you grabbed Dohyon and dragged him inside the cat cafe.

After you two settled down on a comfy couch, you began to pet multiple cats while Dohyon didn't want not one cat to even look his way. Yeah, you're a cat person while Dohyon is a dog person.

   "Hello, little one," you said to the all black cat that took a seat on your lap.

   "Y/N, I have no clue why you wanted me to come here," Dohyon whispered to you.

   "Because I didn't want to come alone," you stated. "Plus, I knew you'd say yes."

   "Dang it," he muttered to himself.

You looked up at the menu in the cat cafe and saw a different assortment of drinks and snacks. You lightly put the black cat on the floor and stood up.

   "I'll get us something to munch on," you said to Dohyon, who nodded and watched you walk to the counter to order snacks.

As you were ordering, Dohyon looked down at the black cat that was previously laying on your lap and glared at it.

   "How dare you steal all of Y/N's attention. We all know there's a special place in her heart that's already reserved for me. Me!" He whisper-yelled at the cat. The black cat just stared at Dohyon with the most "I don't care" kind of face.

After about five minutes, you came back and sat back down next to Dohyon, passing him an iced-coffee and piece of chocolate cake. You had a warm tea with chocolate chip cookie. If there was one thing you and Dohyon had in common, it would be a sweet tooth.

   "Thanks, Y/N," Dohyon said as he smiled sweetly at you. "Y'know, when I make it big one day, I want you there by my side."

You looked at Dohyon and said, "Of course I'll be there. I have your back and you have mine."

   "Yeah," Dohyon said quietly to himself to make sure you didn't hear. "And when the time is right, I'll never let you out of my sight."