| 4 |

"MMPH MMMPH!!!"

"What was that? I couldn't quite catch what you're saying." Jungkook laughed, tightening the rope around his victim's hands while his foot leaned on their back.

"MMMMPH MMPH MRPTH!!!"

"Sorry, we don't speak gagged." Jimin joined in, patting the shoulder of another one out of two of their captives.

Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook had climbed through one of the windows in the mansion. They needed disguises fast.

So they found some.

Good thing those guys happen to be walking by.

"Thanks for the clothes," Taehyung said, brushing the creases of his frock coat. "We'll send it back by postage."

The three pirates laughed mockingly in unison, walking out the closet door.

The two guests of the ball, tied up, gagged, practically naked and stuffed in a closet became slightly more afraid when the three pirates grinned like devils at them outside the room. Jimin had his hand on the doorknob, closing it torturously slow.

"I'm sure someone will find you." He said, shutting the door closed.

"Mmph.. mmphhh..!!!!"

Paying no mind to the cries for help, Taehyung asked, "Come to think of it, why do you have your own outfit, Jimin?" The trio walking further away from the door.

"I'm a prince from a kingdom far far away," Jimin waved his hand abstractly at the air. "Did I mention far?"

...

"PFFFFFT!!"

Jungkook wiped away a tear, "We believe you." The taller men laughed at their shorter friend while slapping their knees in uncontained amusement.

"Good one." Jungkook smacked Jimin's back hard, who growled and twisted Jungkook's arm behind his back.

"Shithead." Jimin seethed.

"Owowowow."

Taehyung kept walking, pretending he wasn't with those guys, who trailed behind. Jungkook was bent in a headlock, his back hurting from how low he had to arch down to compensate Jimin's stature.

The three walked down the hallway, finding couples ahead of them in a queue at the end of an archway as they talked to the door greeter.

"Psst..they're announcing names," Jungkook tapped Taehyung, getting his attention, who nodded and looked away from Jungkook.

Jimin swaggered up, whispering something in the announcer's ear, who nodded.

.
.
.

It was too loud, too full of people.

Everyone was enjoying themselves but this wasn't your scene. You rested against a pillar with your arms crossed, wanting to disappear into the beautiful, polished floor. You closed your eyes, about to give in to sleep, hoping that no more women walked up to you to ask for a dance. All of which you denied.

"Won't you ask me to dance, Y/n?"

Except one.

"My lady..."

Your eyes fluttered open to take the sight of her in. Jewellery worth more than your wage hung from her ears and neck. A dazzling smile adorned her lips with a beautiful, yellow ball gown to compliment her warm skin tone. For a split second, you imagined yourself wearing one.