| 6 |

"Steady as she goes..."

"Father, please let me steer by myself."

"To be on the helm, you need to have a strong and steady hand, think you're up to the task, my lassie?"

.

A distant memory faded, leaving no recollection but a bittersweet pang in your heavy heart. Fluttering your eyelids open, you searched your whereabouts. Ah, that's right.

Prison.

On the other side of the bars, the space that had been occupied last night was empty.

He left.

You sat upright, running a hand through the bird's nest you called hair, making it worse. Noticing the cell door had been unlocked and wide open, you stepped out and made to check on Lisa. It felt early, thinking she could still be asleep.

You tip-toed into the room, smiling when hearing her soft breathing as she slept soundly and then brought up a stool to sit beside her while stroking her hair as you sink into your thoughts.

There's something going on with those pirates.

You heard the discussion outside the infirmary between Jin and Taehyung.
Namjoon required sedatives. And the sleeping draughts? From what you heard, Jin and Hoseok were the two main users and you also suspect Yoongi. Why? Because the pain he was under must've robbed him years of much-needed sleep. Was this the torment they had meant?

The rest of the crew, you weren't really sure. Jimin, Jungkook seemed the most 'normal' and Taehyung was...unusual. By the fact that he would always stare at your face, or lips specifically. He'd always done it from the very start.

And the kiss.

Oh the kiss.

You fumed, pinks and reds colouring your face and ears at the memory and the bruise from Jimin's punch becoming hidden.

It occurred at such poor timing, you hadn't been able to appreciate-no, COMPREHEND it fully. In no way did you enjoy that kiss.

No. Not at all. I refuse.

Every time he walked near, leaned in, glanced down, your heart would pound in anticipation. The feeling was too great, it made you want to recoil away and look anywhere else than at his eyes. He stole your kiss. You were conscious of him now and Taehyung knew that. It was his new game. When you least expect it, he would steal another one.

After all...he was a pirate.

You looked down at Lisa, still deep into her sleep. You shouldn't have woken her last night but the fear of the ocean water overwhelmed you. You had to find land. Even now, you wanted to curl up in the small bed beside her and forget about the water rocking against the ship.
Yet there was a part of you that loved it. Lately, you'd been getting a lot of nostalgia like everything seemed so familiar.

"Father..." Lisa mumbled in her sleep: a teardrop rolled down onto the pillow.
What intense dream she was having, it was obvious - her father's murder.

You were going to cut your name into their skin. Their ship would sink for what they'd done — to your Lady and therefore, to you.

Getting on your feet, you slipped through the door with light movements, planning on doing a little training above on deck.

It was twilight; the sun still below the horizon.

Jungkook wasn't at the helm. It was silent.

Perfect. No distractions.