Chapter 5: Arriving at the Forgotten Zone

???
Y/N POV

We looked at the town in front of us, not saying a word. This place was supposed to be abandoned, right? 'Cause it sure doesn't look like it.

The place had a completely different feel compared to RLD: in contrast to the more lively atmosphere, this place felt unwelcoming as soon as we stepped in.

The place looked like an old western town. All the buildings either seemed runned down or, weirdly enough, recently patched up. Nobody was in sight, but we all felt like we were being watched.

Marcus: "Y/N, Girls, stick close." I heard him whispering. We did as he said and slowly grouped up, while we kept walking.

After walking for a bit, we came across what seemed to be a diner. We could hear noises from inside. It seemed to be working just fine.

Pandemonica: "I think we should stop here for a bit. Maybe we can ask the people for directions?" She said, with an unsure tone.

Y/N: "It's not like we have much of a choice. Seriously, this place does not sit well with me at all..." we all hear a small rumble. "...I hope the food here is good, at least..."

Pandemonica POV

We entered the diner. immediately, all the demons inside turned to face us. Some were looking at the brothers, with a 'we don't like your tipe around here' while other were staring at me and Modeus. One demon in particular wasn't exactly subtle about it. He had bull horns, a black wife beater and red pants. He was also wearing sunglasses, red biker jacket and spiked fingerless gloves. We hear him whistle at us.

Jackass Demon: "It's about damn time we got some fresh meat around here! And some hotties, too! Am I right, fellas?!" He asked the other demons, who simply started shouting in agreement. Why the fuck did I had to open my mouth?

The bartender, who since we entered was looking down at the counter, looked up at us, and then at the other costumers.

Bartender: "HEY! Keep it down, you fucking animals! Anyway, if you guys want to wash yourself the bathroom is right over there." He pointed towards the doors at the other end of the dinner.

Y/N and Marcus looked at eachother, before turning towards us, uncertainty painted all over their faces.

Pandemonica: "You guys should wash off all the paint. Don't worry..." I started, grabbing Modeus' arm and pulling her closer to me. "I'll keep an eye on her as well."

They looked back at each other, before nodding and turning to us again.

Marcus: "We'll be right back. If anything happens, just scream and we will be here on the second..."

Y/N: "And we'll paint these walls red." He concluded, petting me in the head with his clean hand. I was suprised when he did it back at my office, but I have to admit, this feels nice. For a fighter, his hands are very gentle...

That's the thing about the brothers: thay were strong and, at times, actually intimidating, but they're also probably some of nicest people I've met. I know that isn't saying much, considering where I live, but my point still stands.

Y/N was a bit hard-headed at times, but he has a kind heart and cares about the people close to him, not to mention his more goofy side when we are not on the run. Marcus was probably the most intimidating one of the two. Just looking at him, you get the impression of a man of few words, not to mention the fact he was at least a head taller than Y/N, who is also slightly taller than me and Modeus. But he was a very levelheaded guy, and also had his moments of innocence. I still can't get over that stupid dad joke he thrown a few minutes ago...