Chapter 6: ACT 2: New Allies

7 hours, 25 minutes left...
Y/N POV

On the way to the diner, I stumbled across a few other establishments. I guess Joe wasn't the only one to start a business around here, although they seemed alot less welcoming than his. street salesmen, pawnshops, small markets. Everything set up in a way that if a fight broke out in the streets, the other demons could easily pack up and make a run for it.

Other things that I didn't noticed the first time I was walking around here with the others was the graffiti paintings: I had to admit, I was not expecting to see any other color that wasn't a variation of red and black while being down here. The symbols drawn on the walls were scattered around the buildings, marking territory for the gangs they represent.

Jack said the gangs get alot more violent at night. We better get going before--- suddenly, while Sene was talking, I felt a strong pain on my head. H-hey! Y/N, are you okay?! I lost contact for a second! I'm fine... Is just a headache...

While talking with Sene, I decided to look if there was a pharmacy around. If people are constantly fighting, there should be a place to get medical supplies.

I was on the clock, but I doubted I could do much with my head the way it was.

After walking for a few more minutes, doing my best to not lose sight of the street that leaded to the diner, I found a small shop with a reversed cross over the sliding door.

With my fingers crossed inside my pockets. I walked inside.

The clerk seemed to be doing something behind the counter.

Y/N: "hey, is this a phar---" before I could finish my question, I was meet with the barrel of a shotgun aimed right on my face.

Clerk: "No. Sudden. Movements. Keep your hands up... and slowly spin around." I was confused by that, but I wasn't dumb enough to discuss with someone literally holding me at gunpoint. When I was done spinning and faced him, his expression softened as he lowered the gun.

Clerk: "You don't have an emblem printed on your clothes. That either means you're not a gang member or is just a coward. I don't have to splatter your brain all over the walls."

Y/N: "What do you mean by 'coward'?" I asked him, for a moment forgetting what he was holding. He didn't seemed to mind the look I was giving him.

Clerk: "The members of the gangs need to keep their emblems visible during takeovers. They apparently have a code against 'sneak attacks' or some shit like that." He explained. "What can I help you?" He said, signaling for me to come closer to the counter.

Y/N: "My head has been hurting for some time. Is there any painkillers here?" When I asked him that, he gave me a weird look. Oh shit, is this not a pharmacy? Suddenly, his hand reached the back of my head, grabbing and taking off my hood. "Hey! What the hell are you doing?!"

Clerk: "I see the problem. I'll get what you need..." he said, his hand reaching under the counter. After searching a bit, he grabbed a white box with 'PAINKILL' written on it. "This should ease the pain for sure. Each box has 30 pills. How many do you want?"

Y/N: "How much does it cost?" I asked him, taking the box and inspecting it. All the other sides were blank.

Clerk: "Well, I normally sell them for 20G a box. But since I held you at gunpoint the second you talked to me, and I can tell you're a new customer, I'll lower the prize to 18G for box."

I was about to call bullshit on that before I was stopped. Not by Sene nor the shotgun that was still at his arm's reach, but by the headache, that felt like it was getting worse by the minute.