Chapter 6: ACT 1: Stories of the Forgotten

The Hole
6 hours after the fight at Joe's Diner...
Y/N POV

We arrive at this mansion, at the edge of town. This demon hasn't spoke a single word during the whole walk on the way here.

I carried Marcus all the way, to make sure he wouldn't fall on the ground. The girls stayed close as well.

The demon was carrying the corpse on his shoulder, wrapped around in a tablecloth.

???: "You guys can go inside and choose your rooms. I need to do something..." he said, walking away.
After he left, we all went upstairs and entered the 2nd floor. The place looked better from the inside than the outside. There were a few guest rooms, and one room at the end of the hallway with a 'do not enter' sign on it.

We decided it would be better to respect it, so we went to check the other rooms.

Stranger POV

???: "Alright, you street rat... here we are." I said to the body, while I placed it down on the edge of The Hole's limit. "Your souls is already there, but I'll be sending your body, as well. It won't serve you much, but it has to go somewhere... I'll be keeping THESE with me, though." I said, holding a small package in one hand. Without any more ceremony, I placed one foot on the body and pushed it into the 'red sea' below.

...I wonder if there's any quark left on the fridge. Could really use something sweet right about now...

???: "Well, that's a weird sight..."

I turned around quickly, grabbing my hunting knife and swinging as I turned. I was suprised when I saw one of the humans was behind me. He had stopped my attack with a knife of his own, blocking it mere inches from his neck.

???: "...why aren't you with the others? Didn't your friend needed help with his leg?"

Y/N: "Pan said she could treat his wound, so I trusted her. Besides... I had to know what you were doing."

I lowered my arm, putting away my knife. He walked next to me, looking down the pit.

Y/N: "what is this red sea? I know this isn't Hell's water..."

???: "It's the Sea of Souls. This is were the damned go when they don't get a physical form or when they die here. They stay there, until they able to reemerge."

Y/N: "So, does that means that guy is gonna be back at some point?"

???: "The SOUL will return as a new demon, but the one you fought died at that dinner. He'll have no memory of what happened."

Y/N: "I see... what did you take from him, anyway?" He asks, looking at the package poking out from my jacket.

???: "It's nothing for you to worry about. Just something in case his friends decide that coming here is a good idea." I answered, pushing the package deeper into the jacket. When I looked back at Y/N, he had his eyes closed and his hand together in front of his face.

???: "Are you... praying?"

Y/N: "You went through the trouble of making a small funeral. I might as well slip a prayer in here."