Chapter 9: Triple the Threat

Pentagram City
7:35 a.m.

"Hey! What's going on?!"

"Was that an explosion?!"

"Is Heaven declaring another war?!"

Many demons were restless because of the sudden pillar of light that appeared out of nowhere in the distant, and disappeared just as fast.

The only thing keeping them from getting any closer were the Legion Guards that were forming a barrier.

The Legions had an red pentagram carved into their chest and red glowing eyes.

Red Legion Guard: "There are nothing to see here. We advise you to move along." He said in a monotone voice.

As the Legions tried suppressing the large group of demons, a rather luxurious car stopped right behind it.

The vehicle's door opened, a woman jumping out of it and running into the crowd.

???: "E-excuse me! Sorry! Sorry! I need to pass!"

Soon, she somehow made it through the angry crowd and stopped right in front of one of the Legions.

RLG: "There's nothing to see h----" He was quickly cut short as the short demoness held a card in front of his face. "...Excuse my rudeness. You may pass."

???: "T-thank you." She said while quickly jogging her way past the barricade, before full on running after she was sure she was far enough.

She soon arrived where she needed to be: at one of the capital's entrances.

Almost everything was in complete ruin, with multiple destroyed vehicles and corpses scattered around the street, causing the woman to move a hand to her mouth and nose to avoid the nauseating smell.

She scanned the area around until she found what, or in this case, WHO she was looking for...

??? POV

The invasion ended not long after it started.

When he arrived, he was meet with knifes, guns and explosives. Now, the only things surrounding the man was scrap metal and blood, with the leader of the attack dangling in the air as he held him up by the head.

At that point, he was actually impressed that the sinner hadn't collapse from the pain, as both his arms and legs had been shattered, but it was also obvious he only had enough strength to glare at the taller demon through the gaps between my fingers.

He wasn't really paying attention to the leader anymore. Instead, he was looking at the clear, red sky. Just a moment ago, it was covered in dark clouds, and in the next, a pillar of light appeared, completely clearing them out.

It wasn't a mistake. That was definitely one of Heaven's old weapons.

...it's not like them to try something twice. And to think we forgot one THERE, of all places...

"Mr. PRESIDENT!!!"

Before he could continue his thought process, the demon heard a voice calling out to him. When he looked over, he saw a familiar face.

President: "...Oh. hello, Genny." He greeted her as she got closer to him. "Is there something wrong?"

Genny: "I-I'm sorry if I'm late. The driver got caught in traffic and---"

As she spoke, he took another glance at the sinner, who had finally passed out from his wounds. Loosening the grip, he allowed the body to fall on the ground.