Chapter 8: ACT 1: Aftermath of a Hellish Night

???
??? ?.?.
Y/N POV

...

Nothing.

No matter in what direction I turned to, all I saw an empty void.

It stayed like that for a few moments, until I started to hear a sound of what it seemed to be train coming from the the dark abyss, followed by a single light that was getting brighter by the second.

In that moment, I put my arms in front of my face and braced myself for the impact.

...but nothing happened.

I opened my eyes seeing that the darkness had been replaced by a bright hallway literally sliding under me, until if finally stopped.

The floor tiles, the lights, the lockers. It didn't took much for me to recognize where I was.

I already knew this was just another dream, but I was still a bit confused.

I started to hear noises again, this time around, it was very muffled cries coming from a door a few feet away from where I was.

I walked towards it, stopping right in front of the door. I looked up at the sign, but I could read it for some reason.

I ignored it, simply opening the door slowly. On the other side, I realized that I was in a bathroom.

Sitting down in the middle of the floor was a the source of the cries: a small child, barely any older than 6 or 7 years old. His clothes were a little roughed up and he had a few marks on his arms.

Y/N: "Hey, what's wrong?" I said while crouching down in front of him. He was curled up in a ball, hiding his face in his arms.

???: "Why?... why?!" He said without looking at me. His sudden outburst caught me off guard. "...What I did wrong?"

Y/N: "H-hey. It's alright! Whatever happened, I'm sure it wasn't---" I started to reach out for him, but something didn't felt right.

It felt like something was there with us. I slowly turned around to check, and what I saw made my blood run cold.

The door was gone. In fact, EVERYTHING was gone. In it's place, there was complete darkness, with the only light being two red eyes staring back at me.

The vision made me freeze completely, and I couldn't tear my eyes away from it.

Soon after, the eyes started to grow bigger, until it reached a point that I could see my whole body reflected on them as they where looking down at me.

In a desperate reaction, I covered my ears and closed my eyes shut, trying to wake up. I stayed like that for a few moments, but it felt like an eternity.

Hesitantly, I slowly opened my eyes. I was in the bathroom again, facing the direction of the sink. Above it was a the remains of a shattered mirror.

???: "Mister?" I heard the child calling in a calm, almost emotionless voice.

I thought about turning around, but for some reason, my both refused to move.

???: "...Why did they called me a 'monster'?"

...

I was looking up at the wooden ceiling of my guest room. I stayed like that for a solid minute, before quickly sitting down on my bed, immediately hissing as I felt the pain in my head again.

I slowly looked from side to side, taking mental notes of everything. The drawer, my bag on the ground, Sene sitting right next to it, the door and the wardrobe.